91.8 The Fan

Old 05-04-2010, 02:55 AM   #21
Elc1247

DJ Elcu-desujya

Elc1247 is meh
Re: What Anime has freaked you out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llian View Post
NGE gave me a mind rape out of this world, I haven't seen an anime since that could top it.
i would agree to an extent... its really hard to follow exactly whats going on in NGE, though what really killed the series for me is Shinji's constant b****ing and moaning. being all emo and junk... I just feel like reaching my hand through the screen and slapping him.

Tokyo Bambi -The Pillows

Elc1247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:53 AM   #22
Rish

Rish is meh

I was a big fan of Evangelion, though I do see where lots of people don't get it. Lots of awkward philosophical questions. I was fortunate enough to watch it and have a philosophy teacher who was into it and we could talk about it.
Dead Leaves is an acip trip of an Anime. I have seen it a few times and still get confused.

Rish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:33 PM   #23
twillÿ
Banhammer'd

twillÿ is on a distinguished road

Nurse Witch Komugi was pretty random and made me make this face while watching... o.O

Not exactly a horrific kind of freak out, like you all have posted about, but it made me say wtf a few times. :rolleyes:

-twillÿ.

twillÿ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:19 PM   #24
Kergeros

Kergeros is meh

Higurashi made me snap a little inside. I remember reading it while listening to this. Now whenever I listen to that song I start laughing out of the blue. And it's not the haha funny kind of laugh.

Kergeros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:20 PM   #25
sawall

sawall is meh

End of evangelion.... even now i try to understand what on earth it is and my brain still cries a bit... that and one from when i was younger... Guyver, seeing all that violence after watching stuff like pokemon and cardcaptor sakura was a slight shock to the system :-P

sawall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:49 PM   #26
Tyto

Doesn't give a hoot

Tyto is meh

There really aren't any freaky anime out there. For some of the more obvious reasons concerning standards for public broadcasting, none of the graphic manga ever get animated, and of all the graphically explicit titles out there most are just cheap guro slashers reaching out at a shallow niche interest group. A few toned down titles have gotten by on poorly written melodrama and stylized violence in favor of truly brutal imagery: cheap sensationalized garbage like Higurashi and Elfin Lied.

The closest thing to disturbing me without crossing the border into sexual gross outs might be MPD Psycho, and even that was really just squick factor. Not to mention it was a pretty bold leap in pushing content limits in a shounen magazine back in the 90s. I'll never understand who in Shounen Ace's editorial department thought it was a good idea in the first place.

But if we count X-rated squick overload as fair grounds though there are quite a number of independent adult titles I could name that've rattled my cage the first time through. Still, even those kinds of things are pretty easy to get used to.
Tyto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:48 PM   #27
Zaig
Fan

Zaig is meh

Kanokon: its extreme ecchiness
Shakugan no Shana: for the sibling incest and their sloppy kisses--why THIS in an action anime?
School Days: its protagonist
Ookami Kakushi: for the end--weirdest final episode I've ever seen before in the horror genre

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Zaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:19 PM   #28
moonhawk81

Wandering Witch

moonhawk81 is on a distinguished road

No anime that I've watched has freaked me out, but when I took the boys to see Ghost in the Shell: Innocence, my 19-year-old (what, 17 then?) had nightmares for weeks because of the music...

Last edited by moonhawk81; 01-23-2011 at 08:22 PM.
moonhawk81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:22 PM   #29
Gatx
Fan

Gatx is meh

I don't really get freaked out by any of the horror/gore-y anime. It kind of loses its impact when its drawn.

Trapeze though, I was seriously weirded out.

Oh and Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica from this season, episode 3. Its all bubbly happy magical girl and then THAT happens. If I watched it when was younger I'd be traumatized.
Gatx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime , entertaining