Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 11-15-2009, 06:01 AM   #1
Shadows_Revenge
Fan

Shadows_Revenge is on a distinguished road
Wow... love the new site

Whats up stalkers!!!

My name is Matt, im 20 and Im from Baltimore, Maryland. long time stalker, am happy to see the new site, and cant wait to catch some of those broadcasts :P Im an insomniac, so Ill be online ALOT (when Im not at work). Anyway alil about myself:

Favorite anime: FLCL, Evangelion, Series Experiment Lain, Ouran Host Club [for the ladies ;) ]

Favorite Manga: Berserk, Hellsing

Favorite Game: Final Fantasy 1

Current System: Xbox 360 (guess Im alone here on that one :P ) if you want to hit me up, just pm me and Ill send you my gamertag

Also I am a described as a "walking discovery channel" so I dare any of you to challenge my knowledge!

Cant wait to start seeing the new era of 9.18thefan!!!

Last edited by Shadows_Revenge; 11-15-2009 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Didnt know what I wanted to write :P
Shadows_Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:23 AM   #2
Sandgolem

Matoi Stalker

Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Re: Wow... love the new site

Hey great to see another Matt on the site :3 Welcome!

Sandgolem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:58 AM   #3
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Jesus, how many Matts are there? I'm kidding, I'm happy you like the new site! Thanks for joining our forums, and make sure to tell all your friends. :3

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 12:24 PM   #4
Elk

Mark from Canada

Elk has disabled reputation

Final Fantasy, that is HARDCORE retro. Most nostalgiafriends (myself included) choose VI, or sometimes IV.
I'm also an X-Bot, but all I really play on it is SF4.

Elk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 01:20 PM   #5
Shadows_Revenge
Fan

Ive played all of them except 3 and 11, and nothing impacted me like 1 did. It was my first real rpg (I was like 7 at the time) and it ingrossed me in great detail. I remember trying over and over again for years, never being able to beat the fire boss, having to have my brother do it for me. Nowadays I just blow right through the game though :P But Ill never forget it.

As for 6 and 4, four is awesome. 6 I just never got into. I never had a super nintendo, so I didnt play it till it was a classic. The story was great, but it just didnt hit me as well as the rest

Old 11-15-2009, 01:46 PM   #6
EagleEyes

Fanatic

EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of

Another Matt :o

Can we make some form of council of Mattitude?
EagleEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 02:22 PM   #7
Sandgolem

Matoi Stalker

Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Personally FF6 is the best, had a huge impact on me. I loved the story so much!!

Old 11-15-2009, 03:32 PM   #8
Bonediddly
Fan

Bonediddly is on a distinguished road

@Sandgolem : Final Fantasy 6 blew me away story wise, but the gameplay was really below the standards the earlier games set.
Bonediddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 03:49 PM   #9
Elk

Mark from Canada

I don't know if I can agree with that. While the old Job System was revolutionary, I have to give it to 6 for gameplay. The sheer amount of options when it came to battle, Everyone had their own special command, and the Esper system is amazing, the way it directly contributes to a characters growth. To be honest, I never even noticed that when I was young playing through. I just used them for spell learning, and using in battle. I guess it's kind of like EV training your pokemon. If you don;t know about it, you just play and it doesn't matter. If you do it opens up a whole new avenue of character growth. Though I admit, that level of customizability can definately hurt your character more then help when you have set jobs.

The one thing that hindered FFVI I think was the lack of character driven story. Well, not LACK, because each character had their own story, it's just the lack of importance to the plot. But most RPGs with a large cast suffer from that. Many characters end up being unimportant, and a handful if any become the "main" cast who's story has an impact on the main story, or no characters have personal stories that really play into the main story.The whole WoR can get kind of tedious in terms of gameplay I guess, if you are getting everyone and doing everything, in fact, my latest playthrough was a multiplayer run, and we both kind of lost interest when all we had left were the dragons and the Fanatic's Tower before Kefka's tower.

Old 11-15-2009, 03:57 PM   #10
Bonediddly
Fan

Bonediddly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarchoELK View Post
Let's spam Ultima! (and Blitz!)
Fix'd.
I should probably beat the game before arguing about gameplay, but that really stuck out to me.
Bonediddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 06:20 PM   #11
Elk

Mark from Canada

True, you CAN just ultima and bum rush everything, and it doesn't really make sense having a wealth of spells and abilities, when a couple blow them all out of the water.

Old 11-16-2009, 06:56 AM   #12
Shadows_Revenge
Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarchoELK View Post
True, you CAN just ultima and bum rush everything, and it doesn't really make sense having a wealth of spells and abilities, when a couple blow them all out of the water.
Another reason I loved 1 more than anything. The weird "mp" style on the spells ment that even a level or 2 down spells came in handy in certain fights because you just might run out of your current level spells. Most RPGs suffer from this though, which saddens me to say the least. Why spend so much time gathering money to buy a spell, when it gets replaced the next town over...

Btw I luvs the sparkles, makes me look cool :D

Last edited by Shadows_Revenge; 11-16-2009 at 07:38 AM. Reason: had to comment on the sparkles ;)
Old 11-16-2009, 08:53 AM   #13
Sandgolem

Matoi Stalker

Awesome sparkles Shadow did you donate? or was the godly figure of Kibbles kind and gave you the sparkles :3 One never knows how and when the mysterious Kibbles will grant favor on good members :3

Old 11-16-2009, 12:02 PM   #14
Shadows_Revenge
Fan

I donated, the All-Powerful otherwise known as Kibbs had nothing to do with it (that I know of... dont take my sparkles away!!!) But free awesomeness is always appreciated ;)

Old 11-16-2009, 03:21 PM   #15
Sandgolem

Matoi Stalker

lol yay! for our first Fanatic :3 <3

Old 11-16-2009, 03:24 PM   #16
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadows_Revenge View Post
I donated, the All-Powerful otherwise known as Kibbs had nothing to do with it (that I know of... dont take my sparkles away!!!) But free awesomeness is always appreciated ;)
Hah, wonderful~ Please be a little patient as you will specifically be receiving a bunch of new content on the forums within the next week.

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:16 AM   #17
Kibs

Fanatic

Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

the only member my graces have descended upon at the moment is Raug, as he has been nothing more than an enormous help in every way possible

Kibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:16 AM   #18
Shadows_Revenge
Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanashimi View Post
Hah, wonderful~ Please be a little patient as you will specifically be receiving a bunch of new content on the forums within the next week.
Awesome, cant wait. And I didnt know I was the first fanatic. Actually making a new sig for this forums and everything, so exciting.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:41 AM   #19
ApolloNoUta
Fan

ApolloNoUta is meh

Welcome to the site! (I'm even going through the older posts and welcoming people who arrived before me)
ApolloNoUta is offline   Reply With Quote