Welcome, Guest
It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 09-28-2010, 06:01 PM   #1
Jiraku

Jiraku is meh
The Z.O.E. Fan Thread (Other lovers or newbies welcome! Spoiler Alerts often)

Hey. Lately I went back a played a certain series that really was part of my gaming childhood and would forever change the way I look at Mecha games...

So in other words... Yes I am a REALLY big fan of Z.O.E.

I love the series so much... For all of you that might not know the series I'll try and catch you up as quickly and easily as possible...

It is the Future... LEVs (Laborious Extra-Orbital Vehicles) were the usual go to mech for everything but about a year or so ago, a new "Battle Ready Mech" was created using the strange mineral Metatron... It was called... The Orbital Frame...

Now on Antillia (A Space colony orbiting Jupiter) BAHRAM (Also know as the bad guys) and their commander Nohman are after the 2 Orbital Frames Jehuty and Anubis. The strongest Orbital Frames... They got Anubis but Jehuty was accidentally found by Leo Stenbuck (the protagonist of the first game) At first he's reluctant to pilot it but after a close encounter with Viola (The main Antagonist of the First game and an important part of the series) he is told that the pilot who is supposed to pilot it is dead and they need Jehuty "Safely" brought to their Space transport vessel "Atlantis" After a very long and yet short (The game goes though about a day or two in the world of Z.O.E.) Leo finally is able to Save his friend, Celvice, give the Mech to the "new" designated pilot until Viola steps in and shoots Celvice and tell him to meet her for a final battle...

Leo goes and Fights Viola and wins, but kills Viola in the process and Jehuty and ADA (The Artificial Intelligence on board Jehuty) have their first encounter with Anubis... and Leo's first encounter with Nohman... Leo can't win the fight so he escapes and gets to Atlantis, and that's pretty much where the first game ends.

The Second game takes place 2 yearsr in the future and Dingo Egret (A former BAHRAM Pilot and Now miner) Stumbles across Jehuty when BAHRAM attacks Callisto (A moon of Jupiter...) Realizing he need to fight to survive, he takes Jehuty and fights a whole bunch of Unmanned Orbital Frames and has a fateful encounter with Ken (An important character in the second game). and gets to BAHRAM'S Battleship, just to a Viola AI a new "Neves" based Orbital Frame and Nohman... Now more powerful, and having full skill with Anubis... Needless to say Dingo and Jehuty get their butt whupped.

Dingo wakes up to talk to Nohman and Ken about joining BAHRAM again. Dingo does not take the offer... and get's shot and dies...

However... He is brought back to life by Ken (Who is supposedly a spy and against BAHRAM) and scientists by using ADA and Jehuty as his Life Support. Knowing he will now die if he leaves Jehuty, he is given a new mission. Defeat Nohman and Anubis.

He goes and does some side missions. Fights Viola AI again. and meets with Leo Stenbuck (From the first game) who Dingo fights and finds out they're on the same side. Leo tells him that Jehuty is designed to Self Destruct when they get to Aumann (The Main BAHRAM base) which Dingo is supposed to destroy... Dingo promises to Leo to "Bring ADA back Safe" and goes to fight some more.

He then fights Viola AI again and gets a the Zero-Shift program (The upgrade Jehuty needs to have in order to defeat Anubis) from Lloyd (a friend of Dingo's and a System Engineer for BAHRAM) after defeating him and Inhert. Then Anubis finds them and kills Lloyd.

A couple of fights later... We get to Aumann to find Anubis, just to find it's a fake (This one that Dingo fights is actually Piloted by Ken) So he doesn't destroy it. However Nohman is making an escape and destroys fake Aumann, and heavily damages Jehuty. Even with this happening. Dingo and Jehuty go and follow Nohman and Anubis to the Phobos (The place where the Real Aumann is...) and have an epic "Compression Space" battle.

Dingo finally finishes the fight, gets repaired by absorbing the "Fake" Anubis's Metatron. and goes off to Aumann to have the final fight with Nohman. Nohman is now completely insane with power and fuses with Aumann to create the "perfect Orbital Frame) Aumann Anubis... Dingo defeats him but now real Aumann is crumbling and Jehuty is about to blow up... Dingo stops the process, and uses Anubis's core instead to destroy Aumann.).

The Universe in now safe, and Dingo, Ken, Leo, and ADA and Jehuty go to Atlantis and that's where the the second game ends (for the most part.)

So that's Z.O.E. in a (somewhat) nutshell. There are also prequels and side stories but I'm not going to explain those unless you want to... Anyway please feel free to say what you want about the series here. and thank you for taking the time to read this extremely long post XD

Jiraku is offline   Reply With Quote