You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 02-19-2011, 06:39 AM   #1
Amui

Fan

Amui is a splendid one to behold Amui is a splendid one to behold
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

This thread is for all My Little Pony fans, and any Bronies that want to make a contribution to an epic thread.
If you haven't already seen My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic you should catch it on The Hub (a new discovery channel), you'd be completely surprised at just how mature and respectable this show is, Lauren Faust (the creator) truly put a lot of love and planning into it, It is not your normal kiddy show by a long-shot.

Amui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:41 AM   #2
EagleEyes

Fanatic

EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of
Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

I ................ Yeah i have nothing <.<
EagleEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:43 AM   #3
jessileo127
Fan

jessileo127 is meh

Lol Amui... Im shocked....

EVERY DAY IS SPECIAL

jessileo127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:49 AM   #4
Amui

Fan

You'd be seriously surprised if you sat down and watched it, It truly is a great show worth commending.

Old 02-19-2011, 11:32 AM   #5
Jubilee

Très Bien!

Jubilee will become famous soon enough

*Backs Away*

Jubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:24 PM   #6
Kibs

Fanatic

Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

here's the thing;

It's one thing to say that a show is good, but the juxtaposition of it being a franchise for little girls against good animation, a decent plot, and Tara Strong just makes it seem a lot better than it really is.

That coupled with the fact that there's an ostricization mentality with those people who enjoy the show for what it is, because most people don't really care how good a show it, they simply don't think it's healthy for grown men to watch a show about ponies and question those who do causes people to seek out others who like the same things, and band together in the name of not feeling weird.

The only issue is that a majority of those people are weird, and as there is no set leader in the community, the standard for normalcy is only as high as the lowest member's standard. Thus the mentality of the community regarding actions and tastes eventuates into a downward spiral of oddities and bad behavior.

IE Narutards

So in essence, the more people tease people for liking the show, the more people will tell themselves they like the show. Giving themselves a false sense of obsession, and claiming that anyone who doesn't like it just doesn't get it.

But I have showed that I get it, and still don't like it.

/Thread

Kibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:46 AM   #7
Amui

Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibs View Post
here's the thing;

It's one thing to say that a show is good, but the juxtaposition of it being a franchise for little girls against good animation, a decent plot, and Tara Strong just makes it seem a lot better than it really is.

That coupled with the fact that there's an ostricization mentality with those people who enjoy the show for what it is, because most people don't really care how good a show it, they simply don't think it's healthy for grown men to watch a show about ponies and question those who do causes people to seek out others who like the same things, and band together in the name of not feeling weird.

The only issue is that a majority of those people are weird, and as there is no set leader in the community, the standard for normalcy is only as high as the lowest member's standard. Thus the mentality of the community regarding actions and tastes eventuates into a downward spiral of oddities and bad behavior.

IE Narutards

So in essence, the more people tease people for liking the show, the more people will tell themselves they like the show. Giving themselves a false sense of obsession, and claiming that anyone who doesn't like it just doesn't get it.

/Thread

Aw, that's okay Kibs, I understand and respect your opinion and while I do not fully agree with your assessment of the situation I can honestly say you do not fully get the meaning of this show to many people.

Quote:
Okay, so where is the Anime fandom's so called "leader"? the VA's? Funimation? If that is so then I propose Lauren Faust is our leader.
Additionally, we may be "weird" to you, But if you call liking something for what it is then sure. I'm weirder than the 40-something men that wear Sailor Moon costumes, or the NEETs in Japan that collect 3 of the same figurine.
But I digress, this isn't an Anime/Video Games website is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibs
Maybe you should see this first...(Fyre-Flye is Lauren Faust btw)

"Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; These things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.

And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptons. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

~C. S. Lewis"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibs
Alright, nobody is forcing you to like it. BUT I am proud of you for atleast trying it...

SO In closing, I'm not mad Kibs, Just very disappointed.

But I still love you all <3

Last edited by Amui; 03-02-2011 at 01:55 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:57 AM   #8
Jubilee

Très Bien!

If it was called "My Little Palm Tree: Friendship is Magic" I would be more inclined to watch it.

Unfortunately, Horses, (And I lump ponies/unicorns into this group as they are related by blood(shed)) are agents of evil. Their only purpose on this earth is to cause mass devastation, anguish, pain, destruction, death, war, and most importantly, deforestation.

I think this show proves my point.

These ponies are rainbowing this world into madness. There is not even one plant featured in any of these shots.

So, I shall plant a flower,

Let this serve as a true sign of friendship...before it is ruthlessly murdered by a Pony/Horse/Unicorn for their own personal advancement.

Old 02-24-2011, 09:19 AM   #9
jessileo127
Fan

jessileo127 is meh

Okay, I sat down and watched... Before I knew it I was at the Dragonshy episode, me mum walks in on me and is like "I thought you got over ponys when you were seven" I was like "This is a different type of my little pony... This one hasn't got the obnoxious voices like Baby heart-throb and stuffs like that... Look its even drawn different..." she actually backed away slowly and shook her head...
I have to say Amui is right to be posting this everywhere and anywhere its actually pretty good... P.S I am So showing the lil'in I babysit this hopefully it will get her out of the Duck trend shes in atm lol

For Pony!!!!

EVERY DAY IS SPECIAL

Last edited by mahay; 02-24-2011 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Had to fix it. Verb tense error.
jessileo127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:39 PM   #10
nerdwerld

Raptor Writer

nerdwerld is meh

I sat down and watched this show on a whim. It wasn't because everyone else was watching it. I actually enjoy the show and think its plot and dialogue is quite high despite it being demographically for a younger audience... but there is the thing. Shonen anime targets young males, but you can have the 50 year old salary man watching One Piece.
This show has surprised me not only for its artstyle, the problem solving itself that the characters do are quite relevant to what is happanening in the world. So the show teaches children about friendship, but also other important values and mores. These values and mores have vanished in most america media especially cartoons. So not only is it a learning experience it is also entertaining, fun to look at, and a great show. ... that is the two cents from the nerd who listens to jpop next too the heaviest metal at a local metal show.

Last edited by mahay; 02-24-2011 at 08:01 PM. Reason: oops meant to click quote
nerdwerld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:04 PM   #11
mahay
Fan

mahay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdwerld View Post
I sat down and watched this show on a whim. It wasn't because everyone else was watching it. I actually enjoy the show and think its plot and dialogue is quite high despite it being demographically for a younger audience... but there is the thing. Shonen anime targets young males, but you can have the 50 year old salary man watching One Piece.
This show has surprised me not only for its artstyle, the problem solving itself that the characters do are quite relevant to what is happanening in the world. So the show teaches children about friendship, but also other important values and mores. These values and mores have vanished in most america media especially cartoons. So not only is it a learning experience it is also entertaining, fun to look at, and a great show. ... that is the two cents from the nerd who listens to jpop next too the heaviest metal at a local metal show.
Thank you, nerd for actually bringing this back to what this board is actually supposed to be about, instead of just making it a second front on the pony war.

æææææææææææææææææææææææææ æææææææææææææææææ
♪♫" I'm on the right track baby; I was born as mahay"♫♪ -- Lady GaGa

mahay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:23 PM   #12
nerdwerld

Raptor Writer

nerdwerld is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahay View Post
Thank you, nerd for actually bringing this back to what this board is actually supposed to be about, instead of just making it a second front on the pony war.
Though I like the show, I'm sorry I may have to turn this thread into a sabotage for a certain saurian!

nerdwerld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:07 PM   #13
Snapplemonkey
Fan

Snapplemonkey is meh

I watched the two first episodes of this show. I didn't hate it, but I didn't like it as well.

It had some funny moments but only due to animation oddities or just weird crap happening. Other than that it was just sappy girly childish lecturing with pretty colors.

Sure it's becoming popular to "like" because it's a meme on 4chan and it has funny pictures with funny caption, but that doesn't make the show great.

[EDIT]: I want to emphasize that this is my opinion, and from a female child point of view it would probably be a good show. But the only reason why I can see a show like this being popular with the more grown up crowd is due to the oddities of the show.

Last edited by Snapplemonkey; 03-02-2011 at 09:09 PM.
Snapplemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:24 PM   #14
Kayarath

The Biggest Troll on the website

Kayarath is on a distinguished road

Here is a link to put some pony magic into your RPGing!
Kayarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:00 AM   #15
EagleEyes

Fanatic

EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapplemonkey View Post
I watched the two first episodes of this show. I didn't hate it, but I didn't like it as well.

It had some funny moments but only due to animation oddities or just weird crap happening. Other than that it was just sappy girly childish lecturing with pretty colors.

Sure it's becoming popular to "like" because it's a meme on 4chan and it has funny pictures with funny caption, but that doesn't make the show great.

[EDIT]: I want to emphasize that this is my opinion, and from a female child point of view it would probably be a good show. But the only reason why I can see a show like this being popular with the more grown up crowd is due to the oddities of the show.
^^^ this.
EagleEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:33 PM   #16
grimdefeat

Fan

grimdefeat is on a distinguished road

yeah watched one episode it had its cheap laughs now and then but other than that I just did not find much enjoyment out of it. I just think that its a bit too cute for my taste.

grimdefeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:06 PM   #17
Bargain Gamer

Fan

Bargain Gamer is on a distinguished road

Hm, I'm kind of torn here. On the one hand, I kind of like being regarded as a somewhat normal human being, with things like decency and respect. On the other hand, I don't know which I love more, this show or the community that's spawned around it.

Seriously though, I've probably gotten just as much enjoyment from watching my fellow bronies in action then I have watching the show, and that's saying something. For the love of God, this fandom actually has me reading fan fiction for the first time in almost a decade, and you want to know the scary part? Some of it's actually half decent!

Anyway, that's enough self destruction for one night. Back to playing burly games of manliness! >:D
Bargain Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:54 PM   #18
Jubilee

Très Bien!

I have only one response to all of you,

Old 04-19-2011, 05:04 AM   #19
Jarexrose

Jarexrose is meh
Talking Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Ponys RULEZ!!!!!! XD

Jarexrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:34 AM   #20
Rhetorical Gamer
Fan

Rhetorical Gamer is meh

I just wanted to see what was all the hoopla about these ponies......and I love em especially Futtershy shes so so cuuuuuuute! :>

Rhetorical Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote