Welcome, Guest
It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 01-11-2010, 06:03 PM   #1
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Ask The Kana Thread

So, I figured since I'm getting a lot of messages and PMs about random things. I figured I could answer a few of those questions here. Try to keep them related to the show or the website if need be. I don't mind random-ness, but would appreciate legitimate questions. I'll humor you though if need be.

So, what would you like to ask Kanashimi?

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:13 PM   #2
TheDrunkenShadow

The Man Without a Plan

TheDrunkenShadow has much to be proud of TheDrunkenShadow has much to be proud of TheDrunkenShadow has much to be proud of
Re: Ask The Kana Thread

Are you any good at bowling?

How many times have you won cosplaying awards?

What's the worst injury you've had to date?

Can I come out of the cage now?

TheDrunkenShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:14 PM   #3
Shin_No_Kokoro
Fan

Shin_No_Kokoro is on a distinguished road

Are you gonna answer all those random questions??

Shin_No_Kokoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:15 PM   #4
Oni
Banhammer'd

Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of

What is a man?

Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:20 PM   #5
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrunkenShadow View Post
Are you any good at bowling?
It depends actually... I'm a mental bowler, so if the bumpers are up I always go completely straight and if they are down, I always fail. I don't actually enjoy bowling all that much, but yeah.

Quote:
How many times have you won cosplaying awards?
Zero. I don't like entering cosplaying contests. The reason I cosplay isn't to be judged, but to have fun and show off my creations. Maybe in the future, but competing is a big task and can take a whole day or two of a convention. Since I've always volunteered or worked during a convention I don't have the time to spend in a competition room.

Quote:
What's the worst injury you've had to date?
Injury...? Hrm... none?

Quote:
Can I come out of the cage now?
Hahahaha! No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin_No_Kokoro View Post
Are you gonna answer all those random questions??
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni View Post
What is a man?
The opposite of a woman.

Old 01-11-2010, 11:23 PM   #6
EagleEyes

Fanatic

EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of

Will Kana every tell EagleEyes?
EagleEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:05 AM   #7
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEyes View Post
Will Kana every tell EagleEyes?

Old 01-12-2010, 03:46 AM   #8
Shadowblade Edge
Banhammer'd

Location: Texas, you know, that place that's better than wherever you live.

Shadowblade Edge is a splendid one to behold Shadowblade Edge is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni
What is a man?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanashimi View Post
The opposite of a woman.
My question is, why did you waste such a sweet set up?
Shadowblade Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:54 PM   #9
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowblade Edge View Post
While I could have done a sexual innuendo or some sort of joke insulting men in general, I was too busy to come up with anything clever and knew I'd forget to respond tomorrow. Also, I have a feeling offending Oni might be bad as he is one of our reviewers. In the future though, I'll do my best to insult men of all class and culture.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:01 PM   #10
HezaaChan

HezaaChan is meh

Why can I see colours?

*ahem*

-Super Ultra Awesome 1337 Biro Skills Go!!-

HezaaChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:13 PM   #11
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Zero Gravity will become famous soon enough

If you had the chance to make an anime, you have 12 episodes, what would it be about and what would the theme be? would it be suspense? drama? Shoujo? Shonen? etc

Zero Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:10 PM   #12
chefofdeath
Fan

chefofdeath is meh

When do we Attack?

chefofdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:39 PM   #13
Chris

asdf

Chris is on a distinguished road

I actually have a serious question, sorry to kill the mood everyone.

I'm just wondering what software you happen to be using while DJing?

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:18 AM   #14
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Quote:
Originally Posted by HezaaChan View Post
Why can I see colours?

*ahem*
I control your mind, and I wanted to make you see colors in a world full of black and white. Mawahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Gravity View Post
If you had the chance to make an anime, you have 12 episodes, what would it be about and what would the theme be? would it be suspense? drama? Shoujo? Shonen? etc
Mmm... I had to think on this for a little bit, but I think if I made an anime right nowit would consist of our mascot, Brie. I can see her being this impressive singer and dancing in a sort of club, loved by all. Of course, with all the popularity, the club (91.8 The Fan) needs another person entertaining. So they hire a turn-table DJ who would be male. I can see Brie and this male DJ being rivals at first since they both want the spotlight, but their hate turns to possible romance. Also, there's some iStalk news in there, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefofdeath View Post
When do we Attack?
We attacked on the 3rd, did you not get the memo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I actually have a serious question, sorry to kill the mood everyone.

I'm just wondering what software you happen to be using while DJing?
Wonderful! I encourage more serious questions.

The software we use is called SAM Broadcaster, I'm unable to get into how we use it or how many computers we go through. The database of music can be accessed by any of our DJs, but I can't specify as to how. SAM Broadcaster can mix the songs together, use virtual cables, catch our voices, play songs based on ratings, use a request system, and various other things. As such, there are a lot of endless possiblities and was definately the best choice out there for us.

That's why very shortly we'll have a request system in place as well as a calling board system. So keep looking for those!

Old 01-13-2010, 12:20 AM   #15
EagleEyes

Fanatic

EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of

Whats your favorite flavored ice cream?
EagleEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:01 AM   #16
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEyes View Post
Whats your favorite flavored ice cream?
Chocolate chip cookie dough. I use to work in an ice cream place, so I know how to mix and match some mean sundaes, yahoo~

Old 01-13-2010, 03:18 AM   #17
Oni
Banhammer'd

Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowblade Edge View Post
Hey Kana, I have a question.

Why is it that absolutely no one has ever played the Castlevania series?

On the side, why is it that people get fed up on the internet? It's just the internet, isn't it Kana?

Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:21 AM   #18
HezaaChan

HezaaChan is meh

Kana, I have a question (serious one, I promise).
How come my forum posts have suddenly gone down?
Is it because you moved one of my threads? *edit- well not you specifically, but forum staff in general XD*

annnnd just because I watched Community Channel today~
What is your oldest and most favouritest (yeah, that's a word) toy?

-Super Ultra Awesome 1337 Biro Skills Go!!-

Last edited by HezaaChan; 01-13-2010 at 09:24 AM.
HezaaChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:39 PM   #19
XIamSogekingX
Fan

XIamSogekingX is on a distinguished road

My serious question is...How hard is it to pick up the skill of running a radio station and knowing the inner workings of your system? When you get new DJs, do you teach them how to work the system?

XIamSogekingX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:42 PM   #20
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Quote:
Originally Posted by HezaaChan View Post
Kana, I have a question (serious one, I promise).
How come my forum posts have suddenly gone down?
Is it because you moved one of my threads? *edit- well not you specifically, but forum staff in general XD*

annnnd just because I watched Community Channel today~
What is your oldest and most favouritest (yeah, that's a word) toy?
It is probably a delete of one of your posts. Anything not on topic I do a soft delete, and state the reason as to why. So if its only gone down one or two posts, that's probably why. Don't worry too much, if there's anything major that you do on the forums we'll send you a PM.

My favorite toy... mmm, Bop-It. Though now that I think about it, I realize my cousin has had mine for like a year. I liked the classic one, not the round weird-o ones. Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XIamSogekingX View Post
My serious question is...How hard is it to pick up the skill of running a radio station and knowing the inner workings of your system? When you get new DJs, do you teach them how to work the system?
It's not that hard actually, the hardest part is making a show for yourself. We give our DJs fee reigns to decide what would be neat on their show and what to talk about. The trick is having the charismatic personality and to attract people to keep listening.

Program wise, it isn't that hard. We do teach them how to use the program, mostly through videos and if they have questions we're usually with them their first few times on the station. Luckily all of our current DJs were with us before we started, and so we all trained from the ground up. For the new DJs we're looking at, we will be beside them to teach them.

Last edited by Kanashimi; 01-13-2010 at 02:47 PM.