You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 02-15-2010, 06:36 AM   #41
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Zero Gravity will become famous soon enough
Re: Pokemon Films

Mew is very bland, although I respect is as being the Pokemon that one one man in the world knew of until someone hacked the Red and Green versions

fun fact: Not even Nintendo knew of Mew's existence, the creator was the one who secretly added Mew

Zero Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:13 PM   #42
AshFangirlLisa
Biggest Ash fan ever

AshFangirlLisa is meh
I love this topic!! =D

Okay, first thing's first....

Quote:
Originally Posted by XIamSogekingX View Post
Whatever happen to "Gotta Catch Them All"? Ash needs to shut his mouth about friendship and go catch some Pokemon, especially these Legendaries.
Well, you see, that's a common misconception. We all know that Ash's goal is to become a Pokemon Master. But, in order for him to reach this goal, he actually doesn't have to catch one of every Pokemon. So yeah, that's why Ash isn't doing this on the show. It's simply because that's not the definition of a Pokemon Master in the anime. =P

Heh, I think the confusion came from the fact that, "Gotta Catch 'Em All" was used as a catchphrase to market the show and tie it in with the games (back in the day). So people assumed that in order for Ash to become a Pokemon Master, he was required to catch all the Pokemon. But obviously, this isn't true. XD

And now, my top favorite openings are as follows:

1. Born To Be A Winner - Season 4, Johto League Champions theme
2. I Believe - Season 5, Master Quest theme
3. Pokemon Johto/A Whole New World - Season 3, Johto Journeys
4. Pokemon theme - season one's theme
5. Unbeatable - Season 8, Advanced Battle theme

Those are my top favorite Pokemon openings. I love these songs!! <3

Of course, I like the movie versions even more because they're remixes. The remix of "Born To Be A Winner" that played during Pokemon 4Ever is epic. <3

And no, Zero Gravity, you don't suck. Haha, don't worry. Trust me, you're not the only one who didn't see Pokemon 4Ever at the theaters. XD

You see, the first 3 movies played in all theaters. They were given a wide release, and they were distributed by Warner Bros. However, after the 4th movie was dubbed, during this time, another company started distributing the Pokemon movies. That company was Miramax. But unfortunately, instead of giving the 4th and 5th movies a wide release (like the first 3 movies), they decided to give them a very limited release. So, unfortunately, only a few people got to see Pokemon 4Ever and Pokemon Heroes at the theaters, because they had such a limited release. I mean, I'm talking extremely limited here, because apparently, only a select few cities/states got the 4th and 5th movies.

I remember being VERY upset when I found out that my local theater didn't have Pokemon 4Ever. I cried. ;_;

Thank goodness for the DVDs. <3

Anyway, my favorite Pokemon movie is definitely the 2nd one. Pokemon The Movie 2000 is awesome! I love it! <3

My second favorite, is the 5th movie, Pokemon Heroes. And my third favorite is the 8th movie, Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.

Oh, and btw, I have movies 1 through 8 on DVD. I also have Mewtwo Returns on video (it's a sequel to "Pokemon: The First Movie").

Also, I saw movies 9 through 12 on Cartoon Network, when they premiered. But personally, I don't care much for those movies. They're bleh (they just don't compare to the first 8 movies, in my opinion)...

To be honest, I just can't stand the new voices of Ash, Brock, and Team Rocket. They make it very difficult for me to enjoy watching the D/P episodes and movies. When you watch the Pokemon USA dub (movies 9 through 12/seasons 9 through 12), it's like watching an entirely different show than the 4Kids dub (movies 1 through 8/seasons 1 through 8, respectively). But of course, that's just my opinion. ^^;

Aww, darn it!! The thread died because I like Pokemon too much... D:

I think the thread overloaded because of my extreme enthusiasm and excitement for Pokemon.

Last edited by Chris; 06-27-2010 at 12:32 AM.
AshFangirlLisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:38 AM   #43
Zaig
Fan

Zaig is meh

Movie 13, Master of Illusions Zoroark was the worst--it's even worse than the 12th. I don't have high hopes for Pokemon the Movie 14: Victini and the Black Hero. IMO, the last movie I found at least somewhat enjoyable was the 10th. =/

1. Nothing happens until halfway through the movie when the Shiny Legendary cats start attacking Zoroark.
2. There's roughly 40 minutes of nonstop talking with next to no action in the beginning--you literally could start halfway through and understand everything, since the spoken dialogue in the beginning of the anime only serves to establish a "bond" between Zorua and Ash, and the bond between Zorua and Zoroark.
3. The only other Pokemon Ash uses besides Pikachu is Infernape, which is right at the beginning, and he doesn't even use a single attack; the same can be said for Dawn. Brock, on the other hand, doesn't release any Pokemon.
4. "Zorua" will be the most misspelled Pokemon in Pokemon history, and it's in this movie.
5. Briefly, there are two Ash Ketchum's, one with a tail. xD
6. The main villain is just some maniac, with absoluately no plot twists. I thought he was actually plotting something behind the scenes with good intentions, but no, not at all. If I was writing the movie, by adding what I THOUGHT was happening, it would have been much better.
7. The fact there are Shiny Legendaries makes no sense.
8. Celebi wasn't as important as what it seemed, regardless that Mew got its "own" movie twice.
9. There are probably some other stuff, but mostly I blanked out while watching this movie because it was just so boring.

Pokemon movies 1, 3, 5, and 8 are my personal favs. An honorable mention would be the anime special, Mewtwo Returns. If only the gang could go back and check up on Latias or somethin'. =/

I saw the first and third movies at the theatres. I almost cried when Ash got turned to stone and all of the Pokemon and clones were shedding tears. But both of these movies were very touching, not just the first one--Molly has two dads wachin' out for her, yay! =P

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Zaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:30 AM   #44
SoulArbiter
Fan

SoulArbiter is on a distinguished road

Truthfully, I only ever watched the 1st Pokemon movie when it was out back then. Sort of lost interest in the franchise a year or two later.

SoulArbiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:42 AM   #45
Gatx
Fan

Gatx is meh

I love the Pokemon movies as opposed to the shows because the visuals of the locations are just so amazing, a far cry from the fairly generic towns and cities from the show. Also the plots are actually fairly varied and give more insight into the world as a whole, whereas the show revolves already weekly Team Rocket schemes.

This new movie though, its in Johto? But the cast right now is nowhere near Johto. Does that mean that, *gasp* Ash WON'T be the main character? I kind of doubt it, but I've always though it would've done wonders for the series if every region had a different main character based on the game avatar because Ash is pretty much going around all the regions with his level 100 Pikachu.
Gatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:46 AM   #46
nerdwerld

Raptor Writer

nerdwerld is meh

I prefer the first three movies, though Mewtwo's Return isn't as awesome as Pokemon movie 1 and 3. All the other movies just are meh... good films, but beyond that the Pokemon franchise I don't think has a bright future.

nerdwerld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:52 AM   #47
ZshadowX
Fan

ZshadowX is meh

Whaaaaaa
Pokemon movie? Who knew that pokemon were movie..
jk
I only saw the 4 kids pokemon movie, after that didn't bother to watch

but last Sunday 02/06/2011, they were showing a pokemon movie on cartoon network.... too bad I skipped it.

Last edited by ZshadowX; 02-08-2011 at 11:54 AM.
ZshadowX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:35 PM   #48
sith alchemist

sith alchemist is meh

They need to make a movie for Ho-Oh. They should have stuck with the whole japanses trailer with Ho-oh and lugia fighting

sith alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:35 PM   #49
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

I have to say, ANYONE who saw the 13th movie and said it was the worst, clearly have never seen the Manaphy Movie, or the Jirachi movie, it's absolute ludicrous that they can be labeled as "GOOD" movies

Old 02-10-2011, 01:23 AM   #50
Zaig
Fan

Zaig is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Gravity View Post
I have to say, ANYONE who saw the 13th movie and said it was the worst, clearly have never seen the Manaphy Movie, or the Jirachi movie, it's absolute ludicrous that they can be labeled as "GOOD" movies
Hmm. I found those two movies to be a little touching, what a lot of the other movies have lacked since the 5th one. Plus, the 13th movie has Dawn - who, even after 100 episodes, I still could not learn to stomach anything she spits out of her mouth - in it, while Ranger and Wishmaker have May. Ranger could have been approached a bit better with the Ranger theme, definitely..and not have had a freaking pirate. -_-

Bottom line is, I've rewatched Wishmaker three times and Ranger twice, while I don't think I'll ever watch movies 11 - 13 again.

Old 02-10-2011, 01:58 AM   #51
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaig View Post
Hmm. I found those two movies to be a little touching, what a lot of the other movies have lacked since the 5th one. Plus, the 13th movie has Dawn - who, even after 100 episodes, I still could not learn to stomach anything she spits out of her mouth - in it, while Ranger and Wishmaker have May. Ranger could have been approached a bit better with the Ranger theme, definitely..and not have had a freaking pirate. -_-

Bottom line is, I've rewatched Wishmaker three times and Ranger twice, while I don't think I'll ever watch movies 11 - 13 again.
Well you COULD watch the Japanese one where she is a little more bearable. But AG ABSOLUTELY FAILS, Lucario and Deoxys where the only AG films I liked. I seriously love the 13th movie, and it's totally not because Raikou finally got to be in a movie, nope, nope!

Old 02-11-2011, 10:51 PM   #52
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

This so deserves a good bump. On June 16th there will be a release of TWO Pokemon movies
Victini and the Dark Hero: Zekrom
Victini and the Light Hero: Reshiram

Scan of the newly revealed Movie (Reshiram) can be seen here:

here is the poster for the Black hero movie

There is so far NO info as to how this is going to play out or if it'll be different from the Dark Hero. Will they be the exact same movie only with Reshiram instead of Zekrom and vice versa? or will they equal up to a movie featuring Kyurem?

Old 02-12-2011, 12:17 PM   #53
Zaig
Fan

Zaig is meh

Not sure where you're getting the info that says both movies are going to be released on June 16th, but I read on Serebii that it appears there will be a movie for each Legendary featuring Victini released at least this same year. After watching the trailers, the animation looks even better than the previous movies. But it'll be interesting to see how these movies will differ and play out...

Old 02-14-2011, 11:06 PM   #54
SailorMoon

SailorMoon is meh

I'd like to add, that according to the official Pokemon site, that "Z" is a human, a boy, and will be your rival in Black and White... >_> I hadn't noticed if this was cleared up or not XD

SailorMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:32 AM   #55
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Quote:
Not sure where you're getting the info that says both movies are going to be released on June 16th, but I read on Serebii that it appears there will be a movie for each Legendary featuring Victini released at least this same year. After watching the trailers, the animation looks even better than the previous movies. But it'll be interesting to see how these movies will differ and play out...
It was just announced that they're going to be the EXACT same movie the only difference is Reshiram is one and Zekrom is another. And WILL play at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorMoon View Post
I'd like to add, that according to the official Pokemon site, that "Z" is a human, a boy, and will be your rival in Black and White... >_> I hadn't noticed if this was cleared up or not XD
"Z"? you mean "N"? >_>

Old 02-16-2011, 10:29 AM   #56
Zaig
Fan

Zaig is meh

Confirmed. =P

But I wonder how these movies will effect the movie count--does it mean that Zekrom's is #14 and Reshiram's is #15, or do they both count as #14? I can't find much information on this being officially addressed.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:17 AM   #57
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Odds are they'll both be movie 14, like movie 14 A and movie 14 B

Old 03-12-2011, 12:42 AM   #58
AshFangirlLisa
Biggest Ash fan ever

AshFangirlLisa is meh

Quote:

Personally, I enjoyed all the Hoenn movies. I thought the Jirachi movie was great, and same goes for the Deoxys movie. And the Lucario movie was just AWESOME!! =D

However, for me, it's the movies dubbed by the Pokemon company which I dislike (9 through 13). For me, 12 and 13 were actually good/decent because of the animation and storyline, but I didn't like the other movies at all. Basically, I find the Pokemon USA dubbed movies to be terrible or just okay in comparison to the first 8 (mostly because I watch the English dub and prefer the original voice actors, lol).

But since there's gonna be two different versions of movie 14, that makes me wonder what they'll do for the dub. If they don't do *something*, then we'll just be getting 2 versions fo the exact same movie. Sounds boring if you ask me. They should spice things up a little, to spark more interest for the two movies (when they dub them).

This might be wishful thinking on my part, but I think it'd be awesome if they brought back Veronica Taylor to voice Ash in one version of movie 14, and then they could have Sarah Natochenny voice him in the other version. If they did that, it'd be awesome, cause they could just let the fans decide who's the best Ash. I think that would be the perfect solution to the VA change. And if nothing else, nostalgia freaks like myself would love that idea. But like I said, it's probably just wishful thinking, lol.

Of course, people who don't watch the dub version of the movies/series don't have to worry about the voices at all. That's why I envy the Japanese fans, because they've had the same Ash voice the whole time. =P

AshFangirlLisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:28 AM   #59
EagleEyes

Fanatic

EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of

I liked the Darkrai one because of Lickilicky. But the Shamin one was horrid.
EagleEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:42 PM   #60
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

-drops a link on the front page and runs-