It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 07-06-2010, 10:55 AM   #1
noobiesnack

noobiesnack is on a distinguished road
A few Suggestions

- find a way to get a button on the main bar that will take you back to the main page of the forums. I think it should be right where User CP is right now.

-having 91.8 Fanatics linked how it is, is kind of confusing since it does not direct you to the instructions page on the blog for how to go about signing up for fanatics.

-the 91.8 the fan button on the top of the forum also seems kind of long, wouldn't it be easier to name it something like 'Home'? then you can make the one that redirects back to the forum named 'Forum'.

-on the main page, having it say 'Having Trouble?' but then links .pls files and .m3u files and is kind of strange how it is. Shouldn't a 'Having Trouble?' link to a place where you can seek additional help? like a forum or Email location?

-I think the forum boards themselves could use some slight revision. IE, why is 'Feedback' under 'News and Updates'? also, some of the main board names look like they could use some revision. RP'n being under Literature seems kind of awkward.

-Having the forum rules posted on the top bar of the forums seems kind of pointless in some ways. Is it possible to make the forum rules part of what you have to agree with when you sign up with the forums, and then have its own post somewhere in the forums and then remove the link at the top to make room for more important stuff?

If I can find any more ideas, I will try and post them here.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Noobiesnack.com

Last edited by noobiesnack; 07-06-2010 at 12:32 PM. Reason: meh, I gotcha on the ticker...
noobiesnack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:50 AM   #2
Kibs

Fanatic

Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Re: A few Suggestions

I'll work on a few of those, a lot of these are just things I never got around to fixing/updating. I'm always rearranging the forums to keep you people on your toes

The ticker probably won't happen, though...not unless they paid us

Working on some stuff as we speak.

Kibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:10 PM   #3
noobiesnack

someone in the IRC suggested that there be a page or something that shows the last like 3-5 songs recently played for those people who liked a song but missed the name of it.

Also, let me know if you need any help... I am just sitting here bored doing nothing.. waiting for new anime to come out.

Noobiesnack.com

Last edited by noobiesnack; 07-06-2010 at 12:13 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:53 PM   #4
Kibs

Fanatic

Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

We've got a lot of stuff in the works. Not everything is so simple.

Kibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:11 PM   #5
TehScribbles
Duel Wields Staplers

TehScribbles is meh

So I have a few ideas, more content though.

How about a 'Top Ten' list for 'Best anime opening, or '10 Best Anime Scenes' or 'Top Ten Best Anime' Etc that have been polled by the 918 forums?

Have reviews once and awhile by members on the forum or by Fantics?

Random Polls about the music/anime/manga and post the results.

Have more diverse contests, like Music Video contests, art contests, etc. I know they're more work, but once in awhile should be fun.

It's all I have right now, but I hope it helps ^^

TehScribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:20 PM   #6
noobiesnack

meh, Im just here to pick out all the small things wrong so that when new visitors come they can easily navigate the site and then will come back because it looks nice. I know a lot of it is not easy, but a bunch of it is just small minor issues that require a small modification but can help new visitors out.

Also, on a side note, I know its not simple. but your talking to a guy that has a private area on his website for breaking and blowing things up to try and get specific things to work and will spend an entire day devoted to doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehScribbles View Post
So I have a few ideas, more content though.

How about a 'Top Ten' list for 'Best anime opening, or '10 Best Anime Scenes' or 'Top Ten Best Anime' Etc that have been polled by the 918 forums?

Have reviews once and awhile by members on the forum or by Fantics?

Random Polls about the music/anime/manga and post the results.

Have more diverse contests, like Music Video contests, art contests, etc. I know they're more work, but once in awhile should be fun.

It's all I have right now, but I hope it helps ^^
and yeah, I kind of like that idea. I do run a blog after all and it would be interesting to get any reviews to a bigger audience for more discussion. Plus it is kind of interesting to see the outcome of polls about anime/music/manga and the discussion that comes forth from them. As for the top 10, maybe top 5 would fair better?

Noobiesnack.com

Last edited by noobiesnack; 07-06-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:39 PM   #7
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

In terms of the site, I'm planning on reorganizing some sections --- so for now I've already got a new system planned out.

As for the forums, that's more of Kibs area just an fyi.

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:20 PM   #8
TehScribbles
Duel Wields Staplers

TehScribbles is meh

So while I listen to other stations in the car, they play radio games with their fans. I thought I suggest a few for here.

Catch weekend- The song played, the last letter has to be the same as the next song's first letter. (example) Diggy-Mo' - Arcadia (last letter a) next song would be Flow - Akai Siren (then the next letter would be N). The fans text in (in this cause message in the IRC) the next song or the DJ can choose.

2-3-4 in a row combo breaker- Play 2 or 3 or 4 songs by the same artist depending on the day, hour etc. (example 2pm, Double play at 2) for that hour. Fans can request artists or the DJ can pick.

Member play lists- This ones cool but alot of work. The station that does it take 2-3 songs for a members playlist and announce who's it's from or they get a sound clip from the fan saying (my name is blah blah and here's my play list, you listening to blah blah.) Not always a sound clip but alot of times they do.

Word on the street- the DJ choose one word for the next hour or half and hour and all the songs must contain that word, (Example the word is 'world' so a song with that 'Ali Project - In The World')

Anime Openings Hour/day etc- Okay it's based on playing movie opening/soundtrack but I thought it was an interesting idea.

Happy Ending Hour- Play one hour of music, ads free. (its actually 100mins from the show but an hour is better fitted for here I think)

Just a few ideas since I noticed radio stations were trying to think of ways to get involved with their fans.

TehScribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:42 PM   #9
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehScribbles View Post
Catch weekend- The song played, the last letter has to be the same as the next song's first letter. (example) Diggy-Mo' - Arcadia (last letter a) next song would be Flow - Akai Siren (then the next letter would be N). The fans text in (in this cause message in the IRC) the next song or the DJ can choose.
We've played this game once before, it's something we do when we have a lot of people in IRC.

Also, for the play of straight music, we generally do this in the late night during maintenance hours. As for 2 to 3 songs, Christmas does this at the end of his shift (I'm not sure the different times you listen, so that could factor in).

Old 08-14-2010, 02:11 PM   #10
toyNN
Fan

toyNN is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: A few Suggestions

Another suggestion:

How a 918thefan Google calendar that would show every DJ's show times for the day/week/month along with stuff going on in their shows (KC interviews and such), conventions and special events, contests...

Make it publicly viewable and its fairly easy to embed within a page on the site.

Staff/DJs could update it and perhaps indicate when they might not be around to do their shows. Or those Saturdays/Sundays when Tomopop/Japanator podcasts are re-played (or not).

Might bit a pain (b*ch not allowed) to setup and keep updated but I know I'd use it and find it really helpful.

- toyNN

toyNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:16 PM   #11
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

A calendar is mostly due to my own laziness... I have like a half flash project laying around cause I like being a fancy pants. So go me for being a dead-beat~ xP

Old 08-16-2010, 12:28 AM   #12
toyNN
Fan

toyNN is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself. I understand the allure of tech and fancy...just not always enough hours in the day to make it all happen. Which every way you go a calendar would be a nice addition but maybe not a priority.

- toyNN

toyNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:09 PM   #13
SaiQ
RAWR!

SaiQ will become famous soon enough

How about an irc bot that greets anyone who signs on in Japanese base on the time of the day and "Sayoonara" when they sign off?

SaiQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:27 PM   #14
DarkPhoenixMishima

DarkPhoenixMishima is meh

How about moving the "Listen Now" and "Lite Player" buttons over with the Home/IRC Chat bar? Those two pieces tend to take the longest to show up and considering it's such an important part of the site it might not be a bad idea to throw them into the main navigation bar with everything else.
DarkPhoenixMishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:24 AM   #15
Leviathan Mist

大好き.

Leviathan Mist is on a distinguished road

Hey, I love the new voting system, except for one thing: You can't change past votes like you could before. It makes me reluctant to vote on songs, because a lot of times, I may like a song more or less the more times I hear it - there are songs that I love now that didn't even stand out to me when I first heard them, and there are songs that I might have liked before but now I'm tired of hearing.

Leviathan Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:15 AM   #16
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

The voting system I am unable to change, this is a third party application and as such the base code is beyond my reach.