Thread: NonReligious Sub Vs Dub which do you like
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 04:16 AM   #93
Sandgolem

Matoi Stalker

Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Re: Sub Vs Dub which do you like

I generally like subs however some dubs can be very good. For me its a delicate balance, if the acting is too forced in the anime then I will be unable to stand it, or if I am more familiar with the sub voices then I will have to continue on that way.

Some examples of what I mean are: Bleach acting is too forced even though some of my favorite VA's appear in this series, the dialog and delivery is awkward and uncomfortable. (personally I blame the director for that)

but in other animes the dub can be prefered over the sub such as Fruit Basket, which had much much better casting for its characters then the Japanese version. Yuki in the Orginal J had a womans voice that was too feminie and Aya was a very deep manly voice not at all suited for his affeminate demienor.

other good dubs I have enjoy include FMA (both), DBZ, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, and Outlaw Star

Sandgolem is offline   Reply With Quote