View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 08:16 PM   #27
Tempest Wind

Seki Tomokazu Fangirl

Tempest Wind is meh
Re: How'd you decide on your nickname(on the forums)

Oh, boy...

So back in late 2003 I decided to make my second account on gaiaonline. I wanted to be explore roleplaying more naughtyish characters (in what my innocent mind deemed naughty. Flirty perhaps? Evil/flirty?). So I wanted a nice dramatic name that summarized all the tumultuous.... stuff... and things. Emotions? Behavioral patterns? Whatever.

I sat with dictionary.com for a good couple of hours before I came across the word "Tempest." I thought, "Whoa, that would be an AWESOME name!" The definition of a tempest is a violent windstorm, and honestly part of the reason why I wanted to have this character was to be more unhinged and yell at idiots when I feel like it. ^^;;

But Tempest was already taken. So I went, "Uhhhh.... thinkfast.... WIND." Tempest Wind.

I found that I rather enjoyed letting loose and saying whatever was on my mind, so Tempest became my preferred avatar. Then it became my preferred internet name. It's the name I use for everything except certain RP forums, for some random reason.

Tempest has grown a considerable amount, and I no longer use her name to flame trolls and such, but she does express that I have a more tumultuous side. =) Ooooh, poetic.

Yeah, or I just thought it was purdy.
Tempest Wind is offline   Reply With Quote