View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 10:55 AM   #54
Camajak
Fan

Camajak is on a distinguished road
Re: Pokemon Black and White version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilee View Post
Sorry...I'm still going to play it and all....it's just disappoint....they don't even really look like poke'mon in my opinion
But Pokemon are Pokemon. I'm sure that there were many, many people who looked over these designs to optimize them, and what are we to decide if they look like Pokemon?? See, the first generation Pokemon, for example. Look at Voltorb and Eletrode. They're POKEBALLS. Yaknow??
There's Pokemon that are there for the sake of simplicity, those that are there to represent an abstract view, IMO. I mean, look at Glaceon and Leafeon. Those are Pokemon, right?? Of course they are, they're eeveelutions.
I'm sorry I'm going off on a limb and all, but, really, not only I, but other accepting Pokemon fans are sick of the complaining and whining or the 'they don't look like Pokemon' thing, since I'm sure that, this time next year, it'll all be accepted.
FYI: My favorite Pokemon is Luxray. Generation IV. And there, apparently, were people saying the same exact thing about Generation III. You consider Mudkips Pokemon, right? Same as Torchics, or maybe a Zigzagoon, or a Wurmple.
It's the initial shock of being introduced to something new and unfamiliar. Eventually, we are all going to accept that these are Pokemon, and we will be playing the game, having favorites, etc. I myself love the new legendaries. Well, love to the point that they are appropriate for the 'Black and White' theme, since, as stated before, it's sort of a yin-yang concept. And I love this ingenuity.
I'm just hoping that everyone else is not only going to accept these Pokemon, but I will love to see the hypocrisy as people fall in love with the newest Dragon and Steel Eevees (Just a speculation) of those that don't.
I enjoy hearing your opinion, just saying, but I really am enthusiastically anticipating the arrival of all these new Pokemon, the awesome gameplay mechanics, everything. Just stating my opinion about the whole concept of these new generations, mmkays? <3

Camajak is offline   Reply With Quote