Thread: Spoilers K Episode 013 Discussion
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 06:59 AM   #3
Ziven

Ziven is meh
Re: K Episode 013 Discussion

I echo much of your feels on this. I was hoping that we could get through this with the fewest number of deaths possible (which I figured would be around 2-3: Mikoto, Colorless King, perhaps Fushimi depending on his capability of keeping a hold over himself), but alas.

I really liked the story and the set up. I wish that there had been a little more time spent on World Building, not necessarily for the current plot, but so far as the background info was concerned. Although there were enough hints to passably justify the flashbacks to War-Time memories/quotables from other Kings, they cut it pretty thin so far as I'm concerned. Much thinner than I would have liked.

Seeing the remaining Kings is something that I would like, but I sort of like the openness of it all. The fanfiction author in me sees the potential for a lot of character exploration without having to break the canon, per se, and I like that a lot (though that's very specific to me, lol, and not most viewers). The only real vein of knowledge that I feel needs to be filled in is information about the Strains and when they developed. Other than knowing that Neko is the first one for quite a while, without that information she seems rather like a cop-out option for the main protagonist without anything to validate her existence (this anime did a very good job assimilating her, though, and I respect the effort that went into that).

Perhaps the movie could be about how Strains came about and also feature the missing Kings? A girl can hope. XD
Ziven is offline   Reply With Quote