View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 01:56 AM   #42
Zaig
Fan

Zaig is meh
Re: What the Hardest Game You've Played?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefofdeath View Post
Ok lets see how high the list will stack up ill go first......

the hardest game that i've come across recently is resonance of fate its such a hard game with a steep learning curve for those who dont want to give the game a chance due to the fighting style. but the game seems so unbeatable and one sided when u fight bosses like trying to beat up a bear with a stick its just not going to happen
I dropped that game not because of the difficulty but because of the fact that even though I've played 6 chapters, I could not tell you what the plot is since there isn't really one. Anyways, that game still isn't difficult as long as you have played SRPGs before, pay attention to who your opponent is targeting, and know how to set up effective Tri Attacks. Out of the six bosses I've faced, the only one I lost to was the protection of the picture one (took me three times to find out that grenades are my best friend) because you have to freaking guard something when it's already almost dead from protecting it through four areas of multiple enemies. Lame.

As I only play RPGs, I've never played a difficult game before on the normal setting. But I guess Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 FES on Hard mode is difficult since, if you get ambushed by a regular enemy, you could easily get a game over. You have to be good at making personas and never use ones with any weaknesses except Light/Dark in order to survive that game.

I like a challenge in my games. The way I see it, if you CAN beat a boss/level within the first five tries, then it's too easy (which is basically every RPG out there). I enjoy losing, because when you finally defeat an opponent you worked hard and finally triumphed, the victory is sweet; alternatively, if you win on your first try, you feel like you didn't really do anything.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Zaig is offline   Reply With Quote