View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 09:06 AM   #176
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Re: Ask The Kana Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessileo127 View Post
What was your favorite HP Book / movie?
HP? Like Harry Potter?

I've never really been a big fan. In all truth I hate J.K. Rowling's writing style personally. Her crucial eye to detail is so derailing from the actual point of the story it makes me want to fall asleep. When the first book came out my mom tried to read it several times to me (as I was young when they released), but I always fell asleep. I picked up Goblet when that came out to give the series a go on my own, but like the sheer amount of useless detail drove me crazy. Sure, she's talented, but not my style.

In contrast, comparing it to Stephen King (one my favorite authors) he often gives details on minor characters or previous events that have happened to the main characters to help give the world and people more depth. It's no where near as mind-numbing.

I do own the first Harry Potter movie on DVD though, it was decent. I've seen up to the... tournament and whatever happened there, I can't remember. Too much of an investment! Eight three hour movies, do not want!

Last edited by Kanashimi; 08-25-2011 at 06:00 PM.
Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote