Thread: [Wii] Nintendo Wii U
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 01:58 PM   #4
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Re: Nintendo Wii U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Gravity View Post
That is the best GIF I've ever seen you post
Haha, well, I don't mean to be a downer, but the reality of it is that the 3DS made me excited and this did not. When they showcased the 3DS last year they displayed software to get me excited, and that was what sold me (I just wanted to see it myself at that point). With the Wii U we got a lot of promises, PS3 & X360 footage, and one cut-scene of a bird flying away that was sub-par to me. Obviously that clip was better than the Wii, but was it really better than other systems we have. I don't mean to sound shallow and just talk about graphics, but there's also the case that this whole console to handheld/controller was featured twice already.

In Konami's press conference they talked about "transfarring", which means taking a game save from PSP/Vita to PS3 and vice verse. During Sony's conference they went on to display this feature with not just Konami games (not referring to it was "transfarring"), but with several titles they showcased. Not to be a Sony fangirl here, but the Vita has the same technology to do the same thing, but with possibly a higher output graphically.

What they displayed today was not impressive, what they needed to do was bring the best they could or wait till next year. It makes me wonder if the leak of all this next console from Nintendo was intentional or rushed. I just feel like the next generation will put Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft in the same place they are now.

Could it be fun or interesting? Sure! But Nintendo isn't gonna sell me by offering me Batman: Arkham City six to nine months after I've beaten it on Playstation 3. Why would I do that when it's more costly and I still don't have a guarantee of a trophy/achievement system or a more streamlined online (by online I'm referring to how long it takes me to navigate their store, access friends lists, etc and not just online gaming).

Regardless, Nintendo had the biggest announcement this year, but I didn't like how they approached it. It was underwhelming for me personally.

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote