Thread: [Multi] Final Fantasy XIII-2
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 10:00 PM   #3
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2

Agreed with tilting, menu coloring, and the demo trick.

I think the music was the thing I enjoyed the most without even knowing it. I was looking to catch differences and didn't take the music into account until I realized how I was bobbing my head during a fight, haha. I think it fits with the other one and sounds great so far.

I won't lie, I think there's just too much crap on screen. You know how you're supposed to go up these stairs past a guard to go whatever you need to in the demo. I couldn't frickin' tell those were stairs. It looked like a closed gate I was waiting for the guard to open (it delayed me like fifteen seconds, but still). I also kept trying to go into nooks and crannies because I felt like I was able to, but it was just more crap in my way. Maybe it was the rain, maybe it was how dark the town felt in some places, I dunno. Once I got out of the town I felt fine, but even out in the "dungeon" (?) there was a portion of land on the side of my map I couldn't get to. There was just a big ol' wall in the way. I know it's a demo, but I felt like I was constantly given the illusion of a big, open world only to find dead ends when I explored.

I liked Mog and how she/he/it found treasure. I thought that was pretty nifty and it was something I caught onto right away. It gave me a sense of, "Oh, look what I found!" and not there was just this thing floating here and I opened it.

I liked the addition of monsters though still not happy I could only control the party leader, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

I jumped everywhere cause I could, but I mostly instead just opened the map instead for some reason. Derp.

I dunno if you got to it, but at one point leveling up one of my classes I could choose a certain thing to boost or speed up, etc. That was something nice to toss in, I was fond of that.

Cinematic cutscenes... At least it gives you the warning so when I put down the controller I can pick it up quickly, but I felt these were overused. Could be the place they picked for the demo, who knows.

I'm excited for the game, but dear god I am going to be more confused than ever with this constant paradox thing. Where was the demo even located? On cocoon? On Gran Pulse? I was pretty sure it was cocoon, but when? I was always kind of confused by the first game and it trying to make you accept this is a fal'Cie, this is PSICOM, this is Purge, this is etc. Yeah, I have a basic understanding of what those things are and what I did in the first game, but I don't feel connected or in said world because I have so many questions.

If I can compare it's like when Tidus' asked Yuna if she had ever thought if their sins was so bad. Yuna explains that she never thought about it that. Tidus is asking the questions we as a player want to know, but there's no one who symbolizes that in Final Fantasy XIII. Considering the whole paradox time travel... thingy is happening, I just hope that this is Serah instead of making her do the whole, "Huh?" or "Okay." without much thought to it.

Anyway, I'd like to play it now. *Waits in a box*

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote