Thread: [X360] Let's Play Splatterhouse
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 01:22 AM   #1
Zehutsumei
Fan

Zehutsumei is meh
Let's Play Splatterhouse

"You're mine, Rick! Until Jenny's safe back in your arms... You're mine!" - Terror Mask

Splatterhouse started out as a 2D sidescrolling arcade game released in 1988 in Japan and 1989 in North America. The game's violence and controversial imagery predated Mortal Kombat, but never reached the same level of fame. The original was eventually ported over to the TubroGrafx-16 (PC Engine), where it fell into even more obscurity. Luckily, the game was popular enough to spawn 2 sequels on the Genesis (Mega Drive), and one spin-off on the Famicom. The game has since achieved a cult status and has even been referenced in other Namco games, such as Tekken: Dark Resurrection and Katamari Damacy.

Recently, Splatterhouse was remade on the Xbox 360 and PS3, and after a few lawsuits and strange occurences later, the game was finally released. I will be playing through the game for you guys. I must warn you. This game is graphic. I mean, INCREDIBLY graphic. Heads getting crushed, monsters getting shoved into ovens and exploding, all sorts of limbs being used as projectiles and melee weapons, etc. I would warn you to turn away, but you're gonna watch it anyways :p

Playlist:
Phase One: Satan's Masque

Last edited by Zehutsumei; 02-22-2011 at 06:37 PM.
Zehutsumei is offline   Reply With Quote