View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 02:15 PM   #56
Bargain Gamer

Fan

Bargain Gamer is on a distinguished road
Re: Top 10 Favorite Series:

Interesting. I think I'll take a stab at this, though my tastes in anime are probably a bit more old school than most. :3

1. Dragonball Z - The first anime I ever saw and the one that got me hooked. Given the combination of nostalgia and sheer awesomeness this series exudes it's no wonder as to why this is in my number one slot. One of only two series with more than 100 episodes that I own all of.

2. Yu Yu Hakusho - The second anime with over 100 episodes that I own all of. ^ ^ I remember sneaking downstairs in the middle of the night to watch this show on adult swim and being thoroughly entranced by the interesting/amusing characters and breathtaking fight scenes. The dark tournament is still my favorite tournament arc from any anime.

3. Outlaw Star - A show where a bunch of renegades team up on board a stolen ship built from pirate technology by the government and is controlled by a naked chick. Nuff said.

4. Cowboy Bebob - I just realized that I do not own this anime and am truly disappointed in myself. Combining an excellent score with a fast paced and highly enjoyable scenario make this one o the best anime out there and if you like anime and music then you owe it to yourself to at least give this one a look.

5. Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan - Manliest. Anime. EVAR.

6. Big O - Tsundere really got this in one, but its also got this interesting aesthetic twist on old versus new due to the apocalyptic scenario that really intrigues me. Also the robot designs are awesome.

7. Trigun - PEACE AND LOVE!

8. Sengoku Basara - A more recent series, but the sheer amount of over the top action and insanity really had me enjoying this one. Sometimes action (and humor... oh the humor) is all you need to have an awesome series.

9. Digimon - This one is only so low on the list because I hardly remember it anymore, but I do remember being incredibly enthralled by it as a kid and I still think it has some of the most interesting monster designs in an anime.

10. Sailor Moon - Last on the list is the second anime I ever saw. And while I didn't really "get it" at the time I do remember really liking the character designs. ^///^ Yay Sailor Mercury!

I'd also like to mention Pokemon as an honorable mention, as while it doesn't quite reach my top ten due to how it hasn't exactly aged well I still have fond memories of the series. And if it wasn't for it I never would've gotten to play the awesome series of games it spawned. So kudos to you Pokemon.
Bargain Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote