Thread: [PS3] White Knight Chronicles
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 03:30 AM   #3
Kibs

Fanatic

Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Re: White Knight Chronicles

Trailers =/= game.

The gameplay looks a lot like an MMORPG, right down to your moves having a recharge time. I don't like to be the guy that's always so skeptical about games that come out, but when all I see of the gameplay/battle system is something greatly similar to something I absolutely hate (see Heavy Rain, Quick-Time Events) I can't exactly rush into the game with great confidence, and one really cool thing about a game (IE the character customization) can't simply redeem it for being what it is as its basics: a glorified MMORPG without the MMO (See: Oblivion).

Now that I've gotten that out of the way I can say that the graphics look pretty and the story seems par enough for the course.

Though I'm starting to see a trend with a lot of the newer games (that aren't Uncharted 2 or BrĂ¼tal Legend) in the way of "pretty graphics and useless features, that are kind of cool, hobbled around an empty shell of a game (see FF13)". (see: Nintendo Wii*, Nintendo DS*, Xbox and PS3's version of the Wii controller)

*AKA Nintendo Gimmick Machines

Kibs is offline   Reply With Quote