Thread: [Multi] Your Video Game Ideas!
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 08:03 PM   #17
JinnRemona
Fan

JinnRemona will become famous soon enough
Re: Your Video Game Ideas!

A game idea that has been poking at my imagination for awhile is a full virtual FPS style game. Where you can literally set up a small scanner in the general area where you would play, and it would scan the entire area, object placement and terrain, and create a virtual world from it that could be seen through a pair of goggles. With different peripherals for shooting, grenades, ammo clips, etc, one could create a game like Call of Duty, but design it with different themes, and different peripherals for the different themes. You could set it to play Halo, or get a Sword, shield and other items peripherals, and play Zelda. It could even be set for multiple people, each seeing the game world from different perspectives based on the goggles they are wearing. This could lead to some nice team based gameplay.

The possibilities are only limited by the imagination of those designing the games. This is the kind of future I imagine for video games. Where we ourselves fully play the games, not just stare at a screen. Full immersion. Yugioh would be one that could easily benefit from this. It would literally turn into the anime, with the cards played actually coming to life before your eyes. Anyway, that's all I got.
Side effects of reading the above post may include nausea, headaches, itchiness, impotence, temporary blindness, weakness in knees, mild pregnancy, and a loss of faith in humanity. If death occurs, consult a mortician.

JinnRemona is offline   Reply With Quote