View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 12:42 AM   #58
AshFangirlLisa
Biggest Ash fan ever

AshFangirlLisa is meh
Re: Pokemon Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaig View Post
Hmm. I found those two movies to be a little touching, what a lot of the other movies have lacked since the 5th one. Plus, the 13th movie has Dawn - who, even after 100 episodes, I still could not learn to stomach anything she spits out of her mouth - in it, while Ranger and Wishmaker have May. Ranger could have been approached a bit better with the Ranger theme, definitely..and not have had a freaking pirate. -_-

Bottom line is, I've rewatched Wishmaker three times and Ranger twice, while I don't think I'll ever watch movies 11 - 13 again.
Personally, I enjoyed all the Hoenn movies. I thought the Jirachi movie was great, and same goes for the Deoxys movie. And the Lucario movie was just AWESOME!! =D

However, for me, it's the movies dubbed by the Pokemon company which I dislike (9 through 13). For me, 12 and 13 were actually good/decent because of the animation and storyline, but I didn't like the other movies at all. Basically, I find the Pokemon USA dubbed movies to be terrible or just okay in comparison to the first 8 (mostly because I watch the English dub and prefer the original voice actors, lol).

But since there's gonna be two different versions of movie 14, that makes me wonder what they'll do for the dub. If they don't do *something*, then we'll just be getting 2 versions fo the exact same movie. Sounds boring if you ask me. They should spice things up a little, to spark more interest for the two movies (when they dub them).

This might be wishful thinking on my part, but I think it'd be awesome if they brought back Veronica Taylor to voice Ash in one version of movie 14, and then they could have Sarah Natochenny voice him in the other version. If they did that, it'd be awesome, cause they could just let the fans decide who's the best Ash. I think that would be the perfect solution to the VA change. And if nothing else, nostalgia freaks like myself would love that idea. But like I said, it's probably just wishful thinking, lol.

Of course, people who don't watch the dub version of the movies/series don't have to worry about the voices at all. That's why I envy the Japanese fans, because they've had the same Ash voice the whole time. =P

AshFangirlLisa is offline   Reply With Quote