Thread: Introduction
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 09:05 PM   #5
Kibs

Fanatic

Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Re: Introduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan Mist View Post
Well yeah, a good, friendly community is always a plus, but that alone isn't enough to keep my attention for long periods (months+). I usually end up practically abandoning every community I join, and rarely even reach 100 posts anywhere. I think the key reason is that most boards like these are specialized to one area, for example, this one is mainly focused on anime-radio, which may expand to topics such as anime or japanese music. However, as a human, I have many interests, and just one interest usually won't keep my attention forever... my other interests are better suited for discussion at communities which specialize in those, because I'll have a greater audience there. Even if this forum has sub-forums for those interests, it would be irrational to, say, expect the people browsing the video games subforum to have the same detailed discussions as people at GameFAQs or other specialized gaming forums.

Anyway, I kind of went off on a tangent there, but thanks for the response!
Hi, my name is Kibs, and I will probably be banning you later. You see, I don't like people who insult my community by implying it's too narrowly focused to keep the attention of someone who most likely has ADD, and abandons communities based soley on the fact that they're all not all inclusive, and fail to realize that no one community is going to serve every community need they have.

Enjoy your stay. While you can

JK

Last edited by Kibs; 08-06-2010 at 09:08 PM.
Kibs is offline   Reply With Quote