View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 05:44 PM   #5
twillÿ
Banhammer'd

twillÿ is on a distinguished road
Re: Top 5 Musical Artists

5. The Goo Goo Dolls - This has 90's written all over it. This was my era, they defined a lot of my childhood. I can remember hearing them on the radio as a kid and memorizing the words to their hits...lyrics I remember to this day, which is surprising with my bad memory. XD

4. Third Eye Blind - Yet another 90's band that stuck with my tastes throughout my entire life. One of the few 'non-punk rock' bands that I incorporated into my musical playing style. A lot of there songs helped me through some really tough times in my life. I also owe a lot of good memories and melodic riffs to this band. =]

3. Asian Kung-fu Generation - I listened to these guys A LOT back in high school and they helped sculpt my musical taste and further my apprectaition for j-rock. There is simply nothing but great things to be said about how positively they influenced me and helped me find myself.

2. the pillows - I first heard the pillows back when I was about 10 or 11. They were my first foot in the door with j-rock I have loved them for over a decade now. Not to mention, they are the entire soundtrack for one of the best anime in history. ^^ They also gave me my number one favorite song in the world; Crazy Sunshine. Random Twillÿ fact.

1. blink-182 - What can I say? These guys have been my biggest musical influence as far as my guitar playing is concerned and I have loved them since BEFORE they were mainstream; i.e- Cheshire Cat, Flyswatter and Buddha days. They will forever remain my favorite band. <3

Last edited by twillÿ; 07-10-2010 at 06:27 PM.
twillÿ is offline   Reply With Quote