View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 04:03 AM   #22
Elc1247

DJ Elcu-desujya

Elc1247 is meh
Re: Favorite oldgen system; favorite game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kercon View Post
^_^ you could finish 7 whit 30 lvl too ^_^ if you wanted it for me 8 was the best cuz it was almost ideal whit fight sys and characters ... ( for me cloud was annoying ... for god sake I really dislike him =_= ) but don't misunderstand I like VII and even cried while playing ( you know when T_T ) and I loved playing VI but like I say for me VIII was best
prepare for long rant...

oh man... i dont get how you can think that 8 has a amazing battle system... its so pathetically easy to beat enemies because of how limits worked in that game... just get yourself to 25% health using demi or something on yourself and keep switching character selection till you get a limit break, then let the ownage ensue, every 10 seconds or so... "IRVING USES LIMIT BREAK! QUICK SHOT! BUDDA-BUDDA... 1 turn KO!" or "SQUALL USES LION HEART! BOOM! EPIC DMG!!!"... bosses were a joke in that game, i could have gotten to the end at an even lower level then 24 if i really wanted to, but i was doing some exploring. plus it was annoying how your stat and magic system work... sucking magic from enemies... then attaching magic to your stats to boost them? run around and grab a ton of ultima and attach it to something, and you got an epic stat... there are just too many blatant flaws in the game, as i will list a few more: enemies level up with you (pointless to kill enemies to level up for an advantage) you get paid based on your rank on a regular basis like a salary (no point in killing enemies for money...) it just makes it pretty much pointless to fight in the game. i got to the end of the game at about level 20 and never ranked up, and managed to get to nearly the top rank and level 100 (max) in about an hour... really... its that easy... and the story... was... well... a sappy and predictable love story... i felt that 8 was the first FF that began the death spiral of FF.

oh man that was long... but yea... those are some of my reasons i think 8 wasnt really that great... if you care to read them.

Tokyo Bambi -The Pillows

Last edited by Elc1247; 12-30-2009 at 04:41 AM.
Elc1247 is offline   Reply With Quote