Thread: Oy! =D
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 11:14 PM   #1
DiaRiles

DiaRiles is on a distinguished road
Oy! =D

So, my name is Diana. I'm pretty much the coolest loser you'll ever meet, as the saying goes. =] I'm 19 and I live in Orlando, FL, and am kind of miffed that my RL friend Kerushii beat me to the forums. This is oddly irritating since I introduced her to 91.8. xD Which is awesome, btw. My J-music is pretty limited, so it's awesome to be able to expand it here.

I've watched anime since I was young, although I don't think I even realized what it was at the time. I used to live on Cartoon Network and I saw random arcs of DBZ, Tenchi Muyo, Rurouni Kenshin, etc. etc. I'm sure you all know what was airing in that time period... unless you were way ahead of the game and watched the stuff subbed online even THEN...

I'm not much of a sub girl while we're on the topic. I can if I really have to - meaning if I can't wait for the new dub to find out what happens next - but I definitely prefer to stay in the dub when I can. I think subtitles make it harder for me to grasp the action on the screen.

Anyway, I'm definitely into the fantasy thing. I got really into anime when a friend made me read an AU fan fic for Inuyasha before I had any idea what Inuyasha was. The fic was so good I watched the series and then began my serious anime addiction. Besides Inuyasha, I love FullMetal Alchemist, Fruits Basket, Death Note, Ouran, Fate/Stay Night, Tsubasa, XXXholic, Bleach, and I recently just watched Kuroshitsuji... I was very hesitant about that series because I don't like getting attached to a series [or character] that doesn't have a happy ending [or at least a good one], but I really liked the ending to Kuroshitsuji, so I'm going to rewatch it and see how much more I can really enjoy it this time around. =] BUT my all-time favorite anime is still Naruto. I am slightly biased towards Sasuke Uchiha, who despite him being a total douchebag in Shippuden, is still my anime crush. [Btw, hated Sakura pre-Shippuden, but she became my favorite character... when she punched Sai in the face. =D]

Kay, sorry for writing so much. I write as my train of thought goes, so it can get kind of lengthy.

Btw, thanks to Chris for turning me on to 91.8!
DiaRiles is offline   Reply With Quote