Thread: AnimeExpo 2012
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 11:20 PM   #6
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Re: AnimeExpo 2012

Yeah, a great guest can turn an otherwise bad convention experience around. It's amazing how that alone can really make or break an experience. Luckily a lot of Japanese guests seem to be very accommodating, mostly if it's not their first time in the US. Glad you did get your stuff signed and bonus points for Lacus. :D

In terms of the LA Convention Center being accessible... I'm not a fan of that area at all. I don't feel safe walking there are night whether with a group or alone, and the hotels around are painfully expensive and cheap and dirty. Maybe I'm spoiled living in Vegas where you can get a great room at a cheap price, but some of the places nearby are insanely overpriced. I'm pretty disappointed they didn't decide to go back to Anaheim or even look for other venues since this year their contract with the LA Center was up.

In terms of concerts I've heard about that confusion the last few years. While most conventions a regular pass does cover it, I think it's pretty apparent by now that you have to purchase a concert ticket separately. I don't know if they have a list on their website that says what the pass does and doesn't cover, but if they don't by now it would help with a lot of the confusion. As for on-site confusion, there's sadly little that can be done about that unless it states it on your program or the back of your badge (and even then I know very few people who do read the back of their badge xD).

I'm not sure what to make of the religious protesters... I'm surprised how many different anime conventions they're deciding to crash. :/

Next year the X-Games doesn't land on the same days as AnimeExpo so it should be better theoretically, but I think in the long run AnimeExpo is sort of rediscovering themselves after the big shake up and debt that's been looming over them.

Also, apologizes if I seem like I'm being overly negative. That isn't my intention in the slightest, I'm just trying to be realistic.

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote