View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 12:54 PM   #1
Elk

Mark from Canada

Elk has disabled reputation
Lost Someone Important?

I found out last night a close friend of mine passed away recently, and this is basically the first friend I've lost, so I'm pretty down about it. He was someone I looked up to, and admired greatly.

So I figured I'd share it, and give a place for others who've lost someone to talk about it.

I only got a chance to hang out with im twice in the last few years, because he was off learning. He was the smartest person I knew, and I doubt I'll ever meet someone with a greater range of knowledge than he had. Everything he loved he excelled at, and myself and all of his friends were always challenged to do better by him, not because of an actual challenge, but because he was such an example. I'm sorry to say I never lived up to his expectations, because he always had high expectations for everyone, though not judgementally. And I'll always strive to live up to them, in some way or another.

I was at a celebration of his life today, and it was definitely good for me, and brought back a lot of good memories I have of him that were lost to me. I'm glad to have known him, and sad to see him go. I'll miss him.

Elk is offline   Reply With Quote