Thread: Stephen King
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 08:29 PM   #3
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Re: Stephen King

Ugh, so hard to pick a favorite. When I was first exposed to Stephen King my favorite book was Salem's Lot, but it seems like a novel that feels less engaging the more time that goes on.

In terms of The Shining I actually really adored the rather lengthy TV mini-series, I gotta admit it was a nice adaption of the whole thing. The characters weren't as liked in the movie, for example the kid really bothered me in the mini-series, but the father was a good character.

Another TV adaption I liked was kingdom Hospital, and there's so much good music in that! Also, it felt like a completed story with some modern twists that didn't alienate many of King's movie adaptations.

But yeah... favorite book now, hrmmm... There's a few I'm fond of, but if I had to pick one for now I'll say Cell since I thoroughly enjoyed that book and it used a concept that seemed realistic enough as you can generally get.

Also, since this is a general Stephen King topic, I'd like to bring up It. I still think it's amazing to this day, but lately noticed it's gotten a bit of slack around the internet. Sorta curious on people's opinions of the TV series and book.

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote