View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 04:01 AM   #2
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Zero Gravity will become famous soon enough
Re: Sonic The Hedgehog 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni View Post
Yes, Sonic Team has labelled Project Needlemouse as Sonic the Hedgehog 4. That's right, now there's even a chance your "classic" series will be ruined now too.

It seems that Sega has let Sonic Team go the route of Nintendo, rather than Capcom, by introducing the sequel to their classic series as a 3D platformer (much like New Super Mario Bros.), instead of taking the easy way out and deciding to keep it as it was, as Capcom did after their 3D platforming Mega Man games went down hill.

The only thing that strikes me as intriguing in the trailer...well other than the fact that it's heavily influenced by Mega Man 9's trailer (well, at least the first 10 seconds) is the little locked rectangle next to WiiWare at the end:

It probably means something already, but it seems like it will be released on another platform other than the main three consoles. iPad anyone?
While I'm excited for this, because I love Sonic games and at least try to enjoy them.
I think your statement regarding them ruining the classics was out of line on your part, its no wonder SEGA hasn't given a fudge since Sonic Heroes.

Although I am curious as to why they labeled it "Sonic 4" as opposed to having it a remake of Sonic 1 (While it would seem like it did with the 1st level, although, like you said, it could be imitating Super Marios Bros Wii's idea of doing the original level and just doing brand new levels(

I'm looking forward to this

Zero Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote