Old 01-14-2012, 03:15 PM   #13
Amui

Fan

Amui is a splendid one to behold Amui is a splendid one to behold
Re: Gun Collections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdwerld View Post
I mostly want to hunt deer.
Like I said, if you're wanting to join a hunting club with a bunch of old geezers and hunt with dogs (This can be the most fun you can have while hunting, but you really need to look for a club that is humane to their dogs because most are not), go for the shotguns I suggested or something similar, 12 gauge is basically the only choice for deer, anything more or less is overkill/not enough and you'll want to get accustomed to shooting 12 gauge buckshot because it'll pack a punch and your arm will know it, I suggest picking up a recoil pad.

If you want to sit in a tree stand for long periods of time and freeze and/or bake, go for the rifle, .30-06 or .308 are both great calibers to use for deer, and you'll also have to find land you're allowed to hunt on and probably invest in bags of deer corn and plenty of patience.

If anyone suggests you use a Bow to hunt with, they're an imbecile, a Bow usually will not instantly kill something and ends up torturing the animal, plus its a pain in the ♫♫♫ to track such long blood trails.

Amui is offline   Reply With Quote