View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 10:37 PM   #4
Gatx
Fan

Gatx is meh
Re: Dissidia 012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargain Gamer View Post
While I have a PSP I didn't pick this title up. I played the first Dissidia game and was disappointed by the loose controls and difficult camera, which was a shame because the concept of a Final Fantasy fighting game sat well with me. As such I had no incentive to pick up the sequel, as it looks like the fighting system is almost unchanged in it. But hey, that's just my opinion.
While the general feel of the fighting system, which is what I gather that you dislike, hasn't changed, they did add in assists, which allow for the chaining of combos, as well as allow you to get out of opponent's combos, making it feel more like a traditional fighting game. But yeah, controls wise it hasn't changed, and unless you really want to play as some of those new characters there's not much incentive for you, because the story sure isn't gonna win you over, hah.

But yeah, I'm a pretty big fan of the first and could not pass up the chance to play a character with a gunblade that was actually a gun and blade.
Gatx is offline   Reply With Quote