Thread: GameCube Super Smash Bros Melee
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 10:02 PM   #22
Oni
Banhammer'd

Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of
Re: Super Smash Bros Melee

Quote:
Originally Posted by G U R U View Post
Do you even know about all the advanced techniques in Melee? I've never played Disgaea before so I can't comment too much however I was under the impression that it was just a REALLY long RPG. I highly doubt it takes as much skill and thought process as Melee.
Well, this is the first time I've met someone who was not too familiar with the TRPG. No, Disgaea is not just a "REALLY long RPG". Disgaea is a fully customizable game where you create most of the characters yourself (other than the obvious main characters). So the ability to make a truly strong team is purely up to you, which means you need to know what you're doing. Considering nearly every character starts at level 1, and the max level is 9999 (that includes items).

Sure, they're not even in the same category of game, so naturally a TRPG would be deeper gameplay wise than a 2-bit trying-to-be-a-fighter game. I don't really consider Smash a "fighting game".

Also, commenting on a game despite not knowing about it is foolish.

Last edited by Oni; 01-30-2010 at 10:09 PM.