View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 08:29 PM   #3
Mecha Girl

Mecha Girl is meh
Re: Diaries of a Mecha Cosplayer-Mach Windy

Heh, truthfully I don't plan anything on paper; it's all planned out in my head or randomly made up as I go. I did plan on paper once but I found that it's much faster and easier for me to work by eye and my gut decisions rather than measurements.

Day 2:

Materials used (so far):

Wondeflex
Cardboard
Duck Tape
Wood (Just a round piece inside so the ponytail can move)

I finished the rough part of Mach Windy's helm. First I finished the top part of the helm: pic 1917. Then I worked on the ponytail. (Yes, he has a metal ponytail)

The ponytail was a bit hard considering I didn't have any cardboard pieces large enough so I have to cut and tape other pieces on to make it long enough. Pic: 1914. I also added another picture showing how the helm fits and how long the ponytail is. Pic: 1918. Then came the details. I was really glad that I had some round cardboard tubing to cut up; round shapes are always a pain to make. Again, more cut and tape until I put on all the details. Pic: 1919 & 1920.

Next I need to decide whether to work next on the arms or legs. Though I should put together a small test piece to try my idea on. I really wouldn't want to ruin the helm after just finishing it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM1917.jpg (27.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM1914.jpg (29.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM1918.jpg (31.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM1919.jpg (33.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM1920.jpg (27.5 KB, 7 views)
Mecha Girl is offline   Reply With Quote