Thread: [Wii] Nintendo Wii U
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 04:09 PM   #26
deadlymustach50
Fan

deadlymustach50 will become famous soon enough
Re: Nintendo Wii U

I know I'm coming into this like a week and a half late, but I thought I would post my opinion on this matter. Now when the Wii came out it was the real start of the era of motion control gaming. People really caught onto it and soon the Wii was the number one selling console. This was a great success for Nintendo, but they really didn't go anywhere with the Wii. Sure they came out with a few real nice games that complemented the Wii's motion control, but that wasn't enough to survive in the console war.

How could Nintendo contend against the many appealing games of the Xbox or PS3? They couldn't and soon after Kinect and PlayStation Move came out Nintendo lost its monopoly on motion control gaming. Nintendo needed something and eventually the 3DS was release and its amazing! The problem was that it cost the same has a console almost and there were no real games for it. With the Wii and 3DS issues Nintendo is hitting a finical issue right now. Due to finical problems they lowered the 3DS's price to $170, and the board members have cut their own paychecks to help.

Nintendo needed something to help them! So what do they do? Do they play it save and survive on the Wii 3DS? Or! Do they take a risk and introduce something new to the console war, just like they did with Wii? They choose the risk, and now introduce the Wii U! Sure it looks funky, but that's what they said about the Wii. Now with 3DS finally making some contribution and the introduction of this new console will Nintendo survive in the video game industry? Who knows, but since Nintendo released their new console, Sony has released their plans for new console too! Are they afraid of a repeat of the Wii? Who knows?

I know for a fact I will support Nintendo. Why? Well Nintendo has been in my whole life and I don't want to see it disappear!

Last edited by deadlymustach50; 08-28-2011 at 04:27 PM.
deadlymustach50 is offline   Reply With Quote