View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 09:12 PM   #29
nerdwerld

Raptor Writer

nerdwerld is meh
Re: How A Convention Can Turn Bad...?

Going to a convention when the hotel is on the otherside of town. Serioiusly Fort Wayne has most of its hotels on the other side of the city. The Hyatt is the only hotel near the area, and that is always booked, because its connected to the Grand Wayne Convention Center. My very first convention about four years ago was a very interesting one, because we had to get a hotel on the other side of the city. So we naturally had to use a taxi, since none of us could drive. My dad drove me, and three of my friends up there, while my friend's parents were to pick us up on the last day of the con.So What went wrong? Well, I had given most of the cab fare for the first two days, but on the evening of the Saturday of Ikasucon 08. My buddy said he needed money for cab fare, while we were at the Taco Bell across the street I gave him the six dollars needed for cab fare. They stay at the hentai panel, and since I was underage I sit out in the hall reading Hunter X Hunter, and eating Pocky in my Urahara cosplay. Interestingly enough... they come out of the panel expecting me to pay the cab bill. I had remembered that two of my friends (one who had the money I lent him) say he had no money, but earlier he had came out of the dealer's room with Inuyasha caps, and metal knife claw things. (They looked like metal Bugles) I ignored that till he cried after we called the Cab, that he had no money. That it was my fault, and not his. He desparatly called his mom, because he was a mommy's boy, and that is when stuff started to well...The two genius's decided to just walk to the hotel, and of course my other friend didn't want to. I had luckily been watching outside, and thought i could navigate us back using the main roads up to the hotel. Interestingly enough it was my first time in Ft. Wayne City (Downtown), but I had gone there before, because there is a good zoo up there. I somehow manage to navigate us back, but we were thirsty. Unfortunatly, Ft. Wayne has lock up rules that certain business's be closed at a certain time in the morning. We were walking through downtown Ft. Wayne in the middle of the night around 1:00 with cosplay gear in position. We walked by a neighborhood that had a lot of cop cars. I can only image that there was some type of drug bust, and fortunatlly didn't bother with some lost nerds. We finally got asked by a cop down near the freeway, and we luckily were almost homebound (or hotelbound). One of my friends, the one who was not one of the idiots who started this mess as soon as we were in reach of the hotel he fled. This is when the story gets even weirder. We go into IHOP and get free water, while one of my friends leaves a sword (fake LARP sword made by another of our friends) in front of the IHOP, and we all have a bit a change, and head across to the Marathon. The other idiot, not the one who started this, but his cohort non-the-less gets alot of drinks, and I wonder why? He pulls out a magic 20 Dollar Bill and says it was for emergency use only.

nerdwerld is offline   Reply With Quote