Thread: [Multi] Your Video Game Ideas!
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 04:01 AM   #1
Elk

Mark from Canada

Elk has disabled reputation
Your Video Game Ideas!

This is a thread to basically write down your ideas for video games. We all have them. We love games, and there are games we want to see made, usually they never do.

I'd like to learn enough about programming and media creation to make games in the future, but for now, anything beyond the simplest of games would be beyond me.

Dodge Pong
A pong clone with breakout style clocks behind your paddle. The idea of the game is to dodge the ball and have your side's breakout bricks gone first. getting hit will increase the size of your paddle, and the balls will increase in number as the panels break.

Darth Chico
Chico has escaped from his leash and is now on a mission. A mission to mark his territory. Pee on everything you can while not getting caught by Elk, chase squirrels and play fight with other dogs.

Forget what it was FP Adventure VN type game.
I had an idea for a feature heavy point and click adventure, only instead of having an on screen character it would be a VN style route of conversing. I think it revolved around a mystery, maybe murder mystery? I had some documents for this a few years back, but I lost most of them and forgot a lot.

RPG system with a lot of ideas about equipment playing a large role.
Having tons of combinations that would produce different effects. Inspired somewhat by the Circle of the Moon tarot system, and a few other equipment systems. I was thinking of this more in terms of programming logic, and sorting different sets and classes of equipment in arrays, so I didn't really go anywhere stylistically or story wise.

RPG taking place in a modern day setting, like the Mother series, only more serious.
Didn't get far in this, semi-realistic setting with the addition of psychic powers, which would be pretty tame at first, but could ramp up later game.

91.8 inspired games.
I still plan on making some, so these'll remain top secret :P

Multiple Harry Potter games
I'm a huge HP fan, so I've had a number of HP game ideas over the years, some of which have merged and seperated from eachother over time. a few of them are:

A Princess Maker type Wizard Maker game/Toki Memo without the focus on romance with added gameplay elements.
I think a game where you get to create a witch/wizard and then direct their path of study and training in magical arts would be cool, with enough parameters, you could have really unique characters. I forgot what other gameplay emelents I wanted to add to make it a bit more interesting than just "direct studies/practice"

A Fighter
I think you could give a number of major characters enough of a personalized skill set to make a fighting game interesting. The novelty I think would be for most characters, there wouldn't be physical attacks, the regular attacks'd likely be weak generic spells.

An RPG
The gameboy games were ok, but the GBA game was my fav Harry Potter game, it was just too short(and off topic). I'd like to make an RPG that encompasses the whole story, maybe with dev tools to add stories to it ie make original characters locations quest lines. I think an RPG that came with a specialized RPG maker type tool could be cool, and fanfic authors could use it to make games of their fics, within reason. (Although RPG Maker itself might be better for that with a fanmade HP resource pack)

2nd RPG idea
Open world create your own character style. Kind of like GTA but an RPG. Plenty of options on what to do, time system to progress through years, some after school content to keep the game moving. Didn't have a lot of plot ideas for this, but the HP world seems really good for the type of sandbox gaming you usually attribute to 3rd person crime simulators. And while the 3rd person aspect could work for an HP type game, I think the depth an RPG system would lend to it would be able to give some life to the gameplay and choices.

I'm sure I have a number of other ideas I'll remember later. Let me know yours though!

Elk is offline   Reply With Quote