Thread: [Multi] Dead Space
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 10:31 PM   #7
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Re: Dead Space

If it's any consolation, Haunting Ground is generally a hard game. Even for me, I consistently remember what to do next as a challenge and I've beaten it multiple times in the past five years. The map isn't helpful, unlike Silent Hill per se. The AI is far too smart as they will find you if you use a hiding spot too often or slip out of one too soon. The biggest problem is the area is too big, and you're forced to explore it all without a straight indication. Silent Hill and others fix this by easily read maps, or at least items which indicate... say an invitation to a Piano Hall like in Clock Tower 3.

Haunting Ground is good for what it does, but the reason I challenged you to play it was because it was difficult. xD

Though in relation Dead Space doesn't seem all that difficult. There doesn't seem to be any wandering in the dark as there's always someone saying, "Hey, listen! Do this! Go here! Go there!" So that sort of takes all the mystery and fun out of exploring.

I guess, I don't expect horror games to be easy. I want to die, painfully. I want to panic before I die. I want to get lost or figure out difficult puzzles. Why? Because... if I was being chased by a hoard of monsters and I had no training, I would run. I would panic, I would find it easy to become lost, I would see puzzles as difficult nonsense considering the situation, and I would essentially want to stop whatever was going on. So I suppose the normalcy of a survival horror is what I would attempt to do in said situation... because a space marine thing with a gun and stomping on limbs all manly-like isn't.

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote