Thread: [Multi] Your Video Game Ideas!
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 08:39 PM   #20
nerdwerld

Raptor Writer

nerdwerld is meh
Re: Your Video Game Ideas!

My great game idea came with the technical tutorials of the Playstation Vita. Using the back panels to change elevations in that game with the race track. I'm thinking to myself that you could make a great rts map editor with that technology. The first good hand-held rts. I have always loved RTS games, and the idea has sparked a great game idea.

The fun, and inventive part will be the creation aspect of the game. The goal of the game is each player has a side of a map/area that they control. Your ultimate mission in the game is to keep your opponents army out of your base headquarters. There will also be other modes of play like capture the flag, head to head, team match, siege, and just kill the enemy modes.

You start out by going into the editor and creating a map. You can add walls, fortresses, towers, hills, mountains, rock, tunnels, and other terrain/buildings to defend your base which will be marked by a flag/rune/object. You can move the object as you see fit. The game will allow you to be as creative as you want. You start with a certain number of points to build units, but editing the terrain doesn't cost points, but adding man-made objects like tunnels will.

Players also will have a varying amount of units at their disposal, do don't just spend points on your defensive fortifications as theire will be units that can go against various defenses. The types of unit are the following:
  • infantry
  • heavy infantry
  • light infantry
  • archers
  • cannons
  • horsemen
  • elephant riders
  • flying units
  • spies/ninjas
  • scouts
  • medics
  • theif
  • heavy armored horsemen
  • aerial espionage
  • spellcasters

These units have varying special purposes on the battlefield. Infantry men are weak, cheap units that use spears, and are good against horsemen, but are weak to spell casters, heavy infantry, heavy armored horsemen, and archers. Heavy Infantry are stronger against other infantry, and archers, but weak against spellcasters and heavy infantry. Light infantry are cheaper and weaker than normal infantry, and only have daggers, but are cheap, quick, and cannon fodder. Archers are good against infantry, but weak against horsemen, and heavy armored units. Cannons can be used to destroy fortifications, or defend a base, but have low health, and easily swarmed. Horsemen are quick units, but spellcasters, and infantry can make quick work of them. Elephant Riders are strong units who are vulnerable to both archers and spellcasters, but strong against most units, and have the most health of all units. Flying Units, varying on the actual army you use are weak, fast units that can infiltrate towers, gates, and elevations rather quickly. Scouts do not fly, but are good at sneaking past enemies, and have a strong range attack with crossbows. Although weak, a medic can bring a unit back to full health, but can be easily ousted by enemy attacks. Like scouts, the ninja/thief can sneak past the enemy fortifications, but can also assassinate enemy units, but after that they are seen, and can perish rather quickly. Heavy armored horsemen are strong, fast units that only perish by spellcasters or Elephant Rider's assault. Aerial Espionage are stronger than air units, and can also assassinate enemies, but they are not invisible at any time, and are susceptible to ranged attacks. Spellcasters have weak hp, but a strong range attack that most units fear, but enough force can bring them down.

There you have it. I could use some help fleshing the idea out more.

nerdwerld is offline   Reply With Quote