Thread: GameCube Super Smash Bros Melee
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 05:06 AM   #11
Kibs

Fanatic

Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Re: Super Smash Bros Melee

My brother and I were big into 64 and Melee, by the time brawl came around he'd sort of "grown out of" video games, and I mostly just played on my own. Nostalgia dictates that I had the most fun with 64, since my brother and I were fairly well matched, though it would almost always come down to who could rollgrab faster than the other person.

Melee introduced a few new things that changed the game a lot, it also introduced me to Shiek, Marth, and young Link, memory tells me I was good with them, but that's merely subjective.

I'm going to say Brawl isn't as good a game as the other two merely because it seemed like they were trying to do too much with the game, and while you can turn off smashes, they're a fun part of the game, however I felt like they didn't spend any time balancing them, as some were incredibly easy to KO with (Link, Sonic) while some others are incredibly hard to even hit your opponents with (Meta, Snake). The story mode was fun, but got very old by the end.

In my opinion
Melee is the best, as 64 feels like it's missing a bit, and Brawl feels like it's doing too much. In melee and in brawl they did new things with the physics, and they way the characters feel, and I have to agree with guru on this one. Yes mewtwo is incredibly floaty in melee, however every other character is incredibly floaty in Brawl. I like the way you tried to argue that point Oni, sounding like you had a quick witted argument against the floaty thing, but once you get past the "you're wrong" attitude it's pretty easy to tell what you were doing there.

On the arugment about all of these game exploits, I will point out what I always point out about every fighting game enthusiast I've met:
Honestly if you're going to devote enough time to count invincible frames, and practice move canceling and whatnot to pull off perfect combos you're a little *too* into the game and need to go out to that strange bright place known as "outside".

Anyway let's wrap this up before this degrades into nothing more than a flamewar. Everyone likes a specific game for their own reasons, and telling someone they're wrong for having an opinion is pig-headed and egotistical. So how about instead of telling everyone else why their favorite game isn't the best, we just say why we like the games we do without the petty need to be right all of the time.

Mmkay?