View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 07:11 AM   #17
EagleEyes

Fanatic

EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of
Re: Japan's thoughts on creepy otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by dokool View Post
What do you think?

----------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZshadowX View Post
Guess being an otaku makes me creepy then T~T

some of it I dont really agree, but at the same time I do agree(i dont make sense at all)

sure some otakus do some of those, but still they're human beings

I just dont like the idea of people talking down on Otakus(It breaks my heart)

people are starting to thinks Otakus are just perverts, but in fact they're just being true to them self and wont let anyone change them to something they are not

for me an Otaku is a nerd or a geek but in a very high level

Plz dont hate on Otaku

~ IMO

Btw People should start watching or reading Welcome to the N.H.K.

Quote:
It sounds like you've missed the entire point of the article; that it's not necessarily being an otaku but how you present yourself that people remember.

When one asks for another's opinion, it usually isn't an opportunity to assess if they are correct or not. Or does not abide by your predetermined rulings of "genuine discussion"

Quote:
This was not an opinion piece, but a poll of Japanese women (I would guess they solicited 500-1000 responses, I'll see if I can find the data).
Just a thought but isn't a poll a collection of opinions?

I am all for an actual discussion but informing people that they have missed the point with their own opinion of a source, which supposedly, was never an "Opinion" piece to begin with is just plain ludicrous.
EagleEyes is offline   Reply With Quote