Thread: [Multi] Alice: Madness Returns
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #1
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Alice: Madness Returns

I was kinda disappointed to find there isn't a thread on this game. It seems like in a lot of places American McGee's Alice sequel was flat out ignored. It's a little sad too since critics seem to pan it as highly repetitive and shallow, but all things considered I can't really understand the foundation of that opinion.

I finished this a few weeks ago, and I'm taking my time playing it again for all the collectibles. I'm not skipping a single cutscene or finding myself annoyed playing again, but again I play for about an hour or two a day. The world feels expansive despite how little you can explore of it, every area has interesting things just to look at, which sucks me into the game itself. I love the way Alice is animated and I feel like the control scheme is fairly solid.

I've seen one or two graphical glitches, but nothing to really hinder my experience. I just find myself consistently thinking about the game, the story, and world. I don't know what exactly drags me into it, but I'm not complaining.

If you're looking for something new to play (regardless of if you've played the original) I highly recommend this one.

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote