Thread: Hetalia
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 09:33 PM   #1
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Hetalia

In conjunction with Tyto's challenge in one of his articles as well as Funimation offering a trial for their streaming service (which I must say is the best one I've used so far) I started watching this since it's a pretty short, simple show.

There were a few other titles I've dabbled in, but this is the first one I've completed. Fangirls kinda scared me away from this (with good reason considering some of the convention horrors I've seen), but realistically it's a show charged by hyper-activity (think Lucky Star, Fooly Cooly, etc) with some strong gay jokes littered about every five or so episodes.

The gay jokes aren't really past what you'd hear with making fun of your friends, and to be fair I've pretty much ignored most of the yaoi aspects.

It's funny, short, simple, sweet, lolz, internet, trololol, and kind of racists. The only downside to Hetalia was the history portion, and I absolutely love history so this was really noticeable to me. I think when I asked Christmas if the show ever realizes the Allied Forces won, and when he laughed at me I kinda tried to let go of my geekiness in terms of history.

So I'd say not to be scared off from this title. There's far worse shows you could be watching with overdone panty-shots, more perverted, etc.

Anyone else see it? Thoughts? Anyone who hasn't seen it? Why not?

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote