View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 09:52 AM   #1
drewid

drewid is meh
Wait your remaking which game?

So just last night I watched Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete, was very interesting to see the added scenes, they really helped flesh out the story of the movie, like explaining why Denzel is living with Cloud and Tifa, but I won't go into that too much to spoil anything. While I was watching this I realized that the 15th Anniversary of FF7 will be next year, with this and the recent problems Square Enix has been having in mind I really got to wondering why they haven't tried to do anything more for the game then just put it on the PSN, every previous final fantasy title has been reworked and brought back to life in someway whether it was the GBA ports of FF1,2,4,5, and 6 or the relatively recent supped up versions of FF3 and 4 for the ds. With FF4 even getting a psp collection released.

Now I'm not going to get into the argument that Final Fantasy VII was the best final fantasy ever, thats always a matter of opinion and personally I liked VIII better. Anyways, based on information I found at http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy not only is FFVII the best selling Final Fantasy game of all time, but between the other games of the franchise, DIrge of Cerberus and Crisis Core, the name FF7 has sold over 12 million copies.
So the thing I'm trying to figure out is why does Square seem so hesitant to give new life to this game, for most its known that Square's numbers have been down lately.
They have to realize that if they were to remake the game over the next few years, and actually tell people, then their sales would go up significantly.
Personally I don't think it even has to be an hd remake, it could just have some redone cg scenes in hd and some more ingame content like additional dungeons, materia, bosses, summons, expanded minigames, etc.
I decided to try searching the interwebs to see if square had anything planned for the 15th anniversary and at this time It doesn't appear so............but wait, this years is also the 10th anniversary of another best selling Final Fantasy game, thats right I'm referring to X.
It's been recently confirmed that Final Fantasy X will get an HD rendition for the Vita and PS3, granted I'm excited about this but like mentioned in the article if Square was going to announce any remake of their games it was expected to be VII. Not to mention they skipped VIII and IX as well.
Source: http://www.1up.com/news/final-fantas...oming-vita-ps3
(I apologize in advance if this happened to be the subject of an Istalk article or was planned to be one.)

So if you've made it this far I thank you for reading though this rant of sorts, please feel free to give any opinions or comments on the matter, I'm in the mood to discuss this so fire away! :D
drewid is offline   Reply With Quote