View Single Post
Old 12-15-2014, 03:56 PM   #1
MakiMaki

Anime Monster

MakiMaki is meh
Idol anime phenomenon

I'm not much of a fan of idol group music, but the craze of anime created around the subject has been intriguing.

With the success of titles like iDOLM@ASTER and the more recent Love Live School Idol Project series, I've wondered what other peoples thoughts are about it.

I've found iDOLM@ASTER to be an interesting portal into the world of professional idols. I never realized how much competition there was, not only within idol groups but also between groups and their production studios. I think the series did a good job giving some snapshots into what life as an idol might be life day to day.

Love Live took a different approach with the focus being on non-pro school idol groups where the drama shifted to the school grounds. I'm not sure how common this sort of group setting is, but again, it did a good job of giving viewers a sense of what idols might go through day to day as they struggle to keep friendships, grades and idol work in balance.

I think even AKB48 has some sort of idol anime, which may add yet another dimension to idol anime.

So, what do you think of this idol anime phenomenon?

MakiMaki is offline   Reply With Quote