Thread: [Multi] Final Fantasy XIII-2
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 09:59 PM   #16
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2

Then naturally Noel should die. There's no purpose for him, no reason for him to exist, etc because everything will be fixed. There will be no pulling Lightning into Valhalla, no need for Noel to go after Serah, and so on.

This on its own is said to cause a paradox of sorts, but Square really doesn't seem to be playing by these rules since there is only "one true timeline". As such, in the third game if they do things logically Noel will cease to exist and die in The Dying World in his untrue timeline. Or he'll appear naturally through birth and death in the true timeline, possibly even earlier since we don't know what happens in the true timeline. All we know is that human life prospers. So in the right timeline Noel could be born at any time or he could become a new guardian of time, etc. There's plenty of possibilities for him, but all things considered he should be out of the picture by the end of the third game.

The thing is there wasn't a problem with the first game. In fact I played the first game more completing side quests and the like. I finished XIII-2 in ninety hours while XIII took me a hundred and twenty (and I still didn't finish every side quest).

The story is far more constructed in XIII, characters more developed and likable (most of them are already established so XIII-2 didn't have to do much work sadly), I prefer the Crystarium in XIII over XIII-2 and at least I could have a third party member that wasn't a monster.

Granted, the battle system was better in XIII-2, I enjoyed collecting fragments. I liked how you traveled as it made you feel in control, but the lack of guidance also upset me a few times when I couldn't find the right area to be in.

They both had pros and cons. To be fair though, usually the second movie is supposed to be the darkest. I believe this is the case with the original Star Wars films (correct me if I'm wrong). So in that sense I can see what Square Enix is going for; however, my rage stems from the fact we don't have a confirmation of a third one or a continuation. We have a "To Be Continued..." which contrary to popular belief does not actually confirm anything.

I can see why they wouldn't announce it, how many games do this sort of trick? Square must be fearful it will deter people from buying the game on release day with the announcement that the third one is one the way considering how much people complained over the first one. If anything, I'll wait a few months and hope I hear something by E3 (if I have to wait until the Tokyo Game Show then dear god, I will not be amused).

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote