View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 09:39 PM   #15
Cheflelouch
A man chooses, a slave obeys

Cheflelouch is meh
Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanashimi View Post
I'm incredibly disappointed with the ending. I knew there was a "To Be Continued..." but to find that it's such a slap in the face makes me feel what was the point of playing. Usually when I get a platinum trophy I feel excited for my accomplishment, but I don't really feel that way with XIII-2. I dunno what it is, but it felt lack luster.

If anything I will say I prefer XIII over this one even if XIII-2 was easier in a lot of ways.

I had a feeling for a long time Serah was going to die. Kibs and myself both seemed to call it once we saw Yeul die a few times, but everything was technically fine. Her death scene was tragic, but also felt thrown away because the only person there was Noel. Snow wasn't there nor was Lightning to make the impact greater. Only when Hope appears does it tug my heart strings a little. Noel's obsessive must protect you because you're like Yeul doesn't make his connection with Serah stronger, in fact it fogs it making it seem more like Serah is a replacement.

He's consistently put back in place during Sunleth Waterscape since Snow is around. Serah's attention is directly on Snow and Noel gets frustrated for several reasons. He made himself an interesting, but unlikable character. While I personally don't dislike Noel, I will say my indifference was solidified as he literally begins fondling Serah while she is dead. Seriously, watch the scene again, it's vaguely creepy.

There's several unanswered questions that also bother me. Why couldn't Noel inherit Caius' heart? Is that a whole big lie? Even then that doesn't make sense since he does so in a paradox ending (and a paradox is just the untrue timeline, it doesn't actually make things that don't make sense have some weight). So why didn't he have Etro's heart that time? Was it because he hesitated? Was it because he didn't accept killing him?

This is strengthened by visiting the statue in The Dying World a second time for a fragment, they stress he has to accept killing him in someway. Regardless, Noel doesn't seem amazingly regretful at killing Caius. He just seems like... oh, well, whatever! Let's go find Lightning!

Also, how is Hope or Noel alive? If Chaos has been unleashed and the past doesn't exist or the future, then how are they even alive? What sense does that make to make the immune?

There's absolutely no closure to this mess. It's just a big kick to the shins. There's no actual hints to a continuation from Square Enix besides the XIII-3 domain registry. There are claims that the story will be completed via DLC, but let's be honest. Can a blunder like this really be fixed with DLC? We also know from confirmation that Versus XIII is not a sequel or is not in any way related to XIII, but is only something that occurs in the same world.

As such, sure... give me Lightning, Snow, and Sazh DLC that expand on their story. I can live with that assuming they're worth while. Don't make me play over a hundred hours of a game just to be told I couldn't get a happy ending anyway. It makes me mad and disappointed, which is a shame because the game was fun and enjoyable. I'd also still recommend it after playing XIII, but I can't help to be bitter without confirmation of the actual end of the game.

I feel a lot like you the game play of FFXIII-2 was better and easier that the previous one the story lines leaves to much to desired, there are things that like you say don't match and make little or no cense

One of my many concerns about the game its about the ButterFly effect that takes place on the game such as Noel existence on the world "if we learn something from Back to the Future" its that if you make a choice on the past it might actually kill you cause you wont exist any more in the future, doesn't this means that Noel should have been the fist one to die, or disappear like Snow did on Sunleth Waterscape.

Another concern that I have its that there its the name for a effect that takes place in time travel, I cant remember the name but its says that no mater how many time you travel back thought time to save the life of someone the person will always die not mater what, even if you tried 1000 times. In other words no mater how much Noel tried he could have never been able to safe any body

I get that Squar Enix its trying to do a game like this, but instead of make it right the fist time, they mess up, cause if there is one thing that gamers like me hate more than any thing its to wait once we have the game in our hands cause the story its not complete until a furder DLC that will take 6 months or a sequel will take more than a year

Proud to be MEXICAN

Last edited by Cheflelouch; 02-12-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Cheflelouch is offline   Reply With Quote