Thread: Spoilers Sword Art Online
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 09:13 AM   #7
Musamichi

Musamichi is meh
Re: Sword Art Online

Overall, I love the series. While it had it's hiccups and issues with certain things, I enjoyed it. I'll be reading the light novel soon when I get the chance, because I hear there is even more to the story. I'd give it a strong B+

To respond to you Christmas447, I think the fact that the villain in the series made you hate him so much was an excellent part of the series. The last villain, you knew he was bad but at the same time, he seemed more like an objective than a boss you wanted to take down. Granted, Heathcliff was a douche among douches but the story made you sympathize with him a bit toward the end in a small way.

This guy, however, ... oh, ho ho this guy. Comes in and shows you why you, the viewer, want to take him down. Why you're cheering for Kirito to beat the ♫♫♫♫ out of him. Why you ball up your fist at every moment this man speaks. Making it satisfying when Kirito reaches that point and gets to face him.

Some people may hate on it or may think of it as a dot Hack clone but I would like to think the series did a good job with an existing concept and make it their own

Persona Revelations

Musamichi is offline   Reply With Quote