View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 04:08 AM   #4
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Re: Your Favorite Anime Movie and Why

Meh, I hate picking favorites. Just pretend there's one if it's a big deal. Generally a favorite depends on my mood, and what I really want to see at the moment. Having something solely focused on one genre is hard to do as well as limits the users enjoyment.

As such, my choices for best anime movie specifically would be Millennium Actress and Interstella 5555. People will recall the latter from late night Toonami sessions where they played cartoon-ish music videos (IE Daft Punk, Gorrilaz, etc). If I recall correctly the series never did finish airing, and I had to wait quite a few years to actually see the whole thing. Though now that I have, I have this fond love of watching it over and over again because I always notice something new. Not only did the director make a story without words, just using an existing soundtrack, but he was able to match animations and what not to very specific beats. The planning in this was insane, if not meticulous to such a fine degree it would case someone's head to explode. I can't imagine all the thought put into it, but generally it is a decent story with oddly likable characters.

Millennium Actress is more for the romantic in me per se. It is well done with good scene transitions, a moving story, and a conflicted time period. The fact it is able to provide a few slap-stick humor moments along with the moving tale is uplifting and effective in its execution. I don't feel as though I can say much on the title itself without giving too much away, but it is worth a watch. I highly recommend tissues or at least not being an emotionless douche. xP

Last edited by Kanashimi; 11-26-2009 at 04:10 AM.
Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote