View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 01:06 PM   #15
Halfmetal-lich

Halfmetal-lich is meh
Re: Anime diverges from Manga

Filler is always going to be around unless the Japanese companies decide to completely rewrite their broadcasting schedule. As of now, the companies that make the anime buy their time slot, not like American companies which do the opposite. (I may be wrong in this.)

We have to remember, that they have to make an entire 30-min episode out of about 19-25 pages. Sometimes for certain shows, this is not possible and fights are dragged out. I'm looking at you Bleach.

One or two episode filler is never bad, in fact it can be quite fun to watch, especially after coming out of a serious and action packed arc. I mean, who didn't laugh in Naruto, when they tried to get Kakashi's mask off? It's these long Filler ARCS that people hate, Bleach is probably the worst offender of this I know, completely stopping in the middle of story arcs for filler.

I don't see Filler going away any time soon, but thankfully, it seems to be getting better and better.

*takes a moment to catch his breath*

As for animes diverging from manga. I have to agree that I look at animes as we look at books like Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter becoming movies. They are simply adaptions of the source material. Sometimes there are circumstances and the anime must be different. If we look at Full Metal Alchemist, the reason the first series became so different was because the writer wanted the animators to work separate from here, so not to feel pressure to chug out chapter after chapter.

I don't like it when the anime differs from the manga, but it hasn't always been bad. I still enjoy the first series of Full Metal, even though I prefer Brotherhood due to the "true story."
Halfmetal-lich is offline   Reply With Quote