View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 01:38 PM   #1
Shadows_Revenge
Fan

Shadows_Revenge is on a distinguished road
Anime diverges from Manga

So I just finished the Needless anime, and it really ticked me off that they completely diverged from the manga. This is my stance, I personally dont read many mangas as I dont have much time to read as it is (try to atleast get in 1 book a month) So when I sit down to watch an anime, I am almost completely at the whim of the directors as to take their version of the IP as how the original creator intended. But it pisses me off when I find out that the anime completely goes off from the manga.

Now I understand why (maybe the manga is continuing, or some things just arent for televison) but why not just wait till its done, or skip those scenes? To me it looks like they are just trying to cash in on the popularity of the manga so quickly, that they trip themselves up and have to patch up the work.

Filler is another thing that ticks me off. They should of just waited till the manga is over or about to be over to start the anime. They push for anime to cash in on the popularity, but why would the love of the manga be any less right when its about to end? They instead throw themselves into seemingly never ending storylines and re-hashed drama to try to extend their profits or waste time for the creators to finally get done. It kills shows [as seen in Haruhi and Naruto (they had to make a new show)] and just pulls more non-anime watchers away from anime in general.

What are your thoughts on this subject?

Shadows_Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote