Thread: Hetalia
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 09:30 PM   #4
nerdwerld

Raptor Writer

nerdwerld is meh
Re: Hetalia

As a history major I understand all of the little jokes that are placed in both the Japanese and English versions, but I prefer the dubbed jokes, because I am American. Hetalia is racist, but it isn't in the sense that "ahaha I'm racist" it is more of "let us make fun of racism". I own Hetalia season 1-3, and I generally enjoy the series. I also prefer the dub over the sub, just because in the Japanese there isn't the accents, which is also why I prefer the dub of Baccano over the Japanese subbed. The actual history of the Axis Powers not losing is kind of a cultural thing from both the Japanese persepective, and "not being too political". Even though i hear the Hetalia comic is quite graphic, and even more racist, but again I understand the series, and the jokes so I don't really care if it is historical accurate. It is a cartoon to make fun of history so I respect it as that.

On another note, Hetalia fan girls scare the raptor out of me. Seriously they do... I had to go to Otakon last year with four Hetalia fan girls, a Prussia fangirl who cosplayed as him, and three others. So I had to listen to their pairings, and fan girl squels. I wasn't expecting the cries of 1000 fan girls at the Hetalia panel. My ears died...

nerdwerld is offline   Reply With Quote